Earning VP from Conspiracy. How to count links?

By Hein99, in Android

This might be hard to explain in text but I'm going to do my best.

The players place puzzle pieces on the Conspiracy portion of the board in an effort to connect one or more of the four sides of the center puzzle piece to the outer rim of the puzzle that connects to something that will earn them VP points for a certain condition they have or think they will meet during the game.

Lets say there are two paths starting from two different sides of the center puzzle piece that both lead to the same 'innocent hunches earn +2 VP per puzzle piece'. In order for this to happen these two paths that both start from different sides of the center conspiracy puzzle piece must at some point over lap and share a portion of the same path to the outer 'innocent hunches earn +2 VP per puzzle piece'.

Now, here comes my question.

When counting the puzzle pieces of each path do you count the puzzle pieces that are shared by both paths once only, or once per path?

For example.
Let's say path 1 is made up of 4 puzzle pieces to go from the center to the outer edge.
And path 2 takes 5 puzzle pieces to reach the same destination of 'innocent hunches earn +2 VP per puzzle piece'.

Both paths share the outer most puzzle piece. The piece that actually touches the outer edge of the puzzle board at 'innocent hunches earn +2 VP per puzzle piece'

Does this last piece that belongs to both paths get counted once or twice?

If it's counted once per path your score would look like:
Path 1 is 4 x 2 VP for 8 VP Points
and
Path 2 is 5 x 2 VP for 10 VP Points

Grand Total 18 VP Points for anyone who got their innocent hunch.

But if it counts only once your score would look like:
4 pieces for path 1 and 4 pieces for path 2. 4 for path 2 because the 5th piece in path 5 was already counted when adding up Path 1.
So, Path 1 -> 4 x 2 for 8 VP Points
And Path 2 -> 4x 2 for 8 VP Points

Grand Total is 16 VP Points.

I hope my question makes sense. This was hard to describe without being able to demonstrate on the board.
TIA!

Hi,

the Rules state, you count per Link and not per Piece. So if you got two Links from one part of the Conspiracy to the center you gain the corresponding bonus two times.

At least that is how we do it. happy.gif

Caine said:

Hi,

the Rules state, you count per Link and not per Piece. So if you got two Links from one part of the Conspiracy to the center you gain the corresponding bonus two times.

At least that is how we do it. happy.gif

This is correct, but to clarify (as the meaning of "link" is not entirely clear here): for each route you can trace from a different side of the centre conspiracy tile to an organisation at the edge of the board, you gain the bonus multiplier (so x1 for one route, x2 for two routes, etc, to a maximum of four (as there are only four sides of the centre conspiracy tile a route can lead from)).

Ok, so it looks like I really screwed this up.

I counted each puzzle piece as a 'link'... instead of each path as a link.

Lets see if I've got this straight now. If I have two paths that start from different sides of the center conspiracy puzzle piece and both end up at (for example) street favor = +1 VP; does that mean each street favor a player has at end game is now worth +2VP each? (+1 Street VP x (# of links)

What I did by mistake was count each puzzle piece along the link and and made that the multiplier. Which would usually result in a larger multiplier.

Before reading your responses I made a post about my game results... I'm going to have to revisit it and try to correct it!

Thanks for the help guys!

What I do is, instead of following paths from the conspiracy tile in the center to the organisations on the edge, which I always find confusing, I do it the other way around. I pick an organization, and I check to how many sides of the conspiracy tile I can link it too.

For me this works a lot better, but maybe that's just my skewed brain. =P