I feel stupid right now

By Brother Paulicus, in Dark Heresy

Well, It happen again. my character was brutally slaughtered a chain axe to the upper torso (last character was killed by a chain sword to the head). I was about to call that the Gm has it out for me and my antics, but it was a greater demon or Khorne, so I kinda threw myself into that one. Anyway, I now have to make a new character, idk what thought. My question to you all is what do you suggest, i have the curse of (in gaming terms) Altaholic (one who can't keep a single character). My characters went down like this Guardsmen -> Guardsmen -> Arbite->Assassin -> Scum (gunslinger) -> Resurrected guardsmen (2nd) -> Adept -> Now. Do you all have suggestions or things to stay away from? My characters are usually jack of all trades, and iam open to stupid/unussual stuff my assassin used only primitive weapondry (did pretty well) so throw out your suggestions or do/do not.

ps. we do a session every day, thats why so many characters are dead.

Also all my characters name's are Rhodes, and there is a Great Sword of the Rhodes (best quality mono-edged) that is retrieved by another player to give to the next Rhodes (sad but funny). Its kinda like the Guardsmen Gary (a whole regiment of guardsmen named gary ((Tech-Priest Gary, Commisar Gary, Cleric Gary, etc.)))

We had a player in our college gaming club that every character he played had the same name. Inigo Montoya. ANd he would say the line every game. To every foe. Even as an introduction.

Anyway, why not try a cleric, named Brother Paulicus Rhodes?

And quit being so brave. I know its in the blood, but perhaps the cleric is adopted?

How about an investigator that focusses on ranged combat, or someone that inspire the other character in such a way they will throw themselves in front of the chain weapon...

Btw: How did the other pc's survive the Bloodthirster??? (they ran away after your rather short moment of glory?)

I like tech-priests. When the other guys are shooting and hacking away, you can do tech-stuff to help escape, gather info, build weapons and thingy`s - and you can research dark mechanicum stuff without anyone knowing it... You can be the group`s little evil R2D2.

Oh, read Mechanicum (Horus Heresy) for inspiration. You`ll get the picture.

They ran and found an imperial guard regiment, that had a bane-blade....

Actually the Fluff around the name "rhodes" is actually an organization called the Rhode Warriors, infamous for dieing tragic deaths. In every story, there is a rhode warrior, you couldn't tell by look at them, but they are everywhere.

Movies:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Rebel Soldier that talks to luke before the assault of the death star. Luke - "like shooting swamp-rats in Begger's Canyon back home."

Band of Brothers : Dude who got shot in the beginning, idk which one.

Dawn of War : Winter Assault - Imperial guard soldier who was shot by orks in the cut scence "Fall back dammit! There to many of them!"

There has actually been a Brother Paulicus-Rhodes, he was killed with a flamer (his own) Firebrand preachers ftw

What sounds better;

a Imperial Guardsman who plays by the book (will actually use the GW's Uplifting Primer for every situation or alteast try to)

or a Viking, feral guardsmen from....fenris :o have him use frenzy and risk arm and leg for the emprah

or a paranoid adept who thinks that everything from the horus heresy to now is linked via some evil Non-Chaos cult that is actually controlling chaos to do there bidding (aka question from the justice leauge)

A pirate (idk what home world) Scum, using the whole Gun and Sword combo

A suicidal Elysian Drop Trooper, w/t jet pack (my gm said that he'd let us use Jetpacks w/t training)