problems with the knight?

By Lancer T, in Talisman

ameritrasher said:

Has anyone thought about if characters turn evil by attacking other good characters then you'll just have a bunch of evil characters running around except for the one good guy?

And the problem would be? Since the Knight can't *****-slap any Good chars, but has no hinderance against Neutrals or Evils (IIRC), I'd say that would solve the issue. Not that I like adding another houserule (Fate & Assassin so far), and all because FFG wanted to mess around with the chars & rules.

ameritrasher said:

You need to have some way for evil characters to turn good again. Maybe donate a gold or object at the chapel? Seems like that's how most people try to buy their way into heaven anyway.

*snicker

On a serious note, Village -> Mystic -> roll a 4 and you're Good again.

Dam said:

ameritrasher said:

On a serious note, Village -> Mystic -> roll a 4 and you're Good again.

That is correct Dammit but what I meant to say is if players can take a specific action to turn their alignment to evil (like attacking a good player) then there should also be another specific action to turn their alignment to good. Having a random roll at board location doesn't really count for this criteria. How about if a player gives a gold or object to a good player? Since attacking a good player turns you evil, would not helping them turn you good? The reverse goes for evil too. If you are good and give an evil player something then you turn evil for helping them.

Problem solved!!!

Ok I have finally played the new years game and another.As I was setting the board in the first game and getting ready too apply the rule ideas...it came too me,why not keep it simple.Since the knight cannot attack another good character other good characters can not attack him unless they change their alignment which would at the same time leave them open for the knight too attack as well.It also fixed the problem that happened in the first game with the assassin turning good so he could assassinate the knight and the knight could not attack back.Now the assassin turning good would result in niether character being able too attack each other, unless he keeps his alignment evil in which case the knight has open season on the assassin as well.There are still some loop holes present as I saw in the two games I played too test the knights house rule.The thief could change good and still steal from the knight and the knight could not attack him too take his stuff back.But I guess you have too leave soom loop holes or make a bunch more house rules.All in all the knight performed much better with that one simple rule change.I have a small modification too the rule too also include no special abilitys example:A good thief cannot steal or attack a knight,the knight cannot attack the thief,unless the thief stays neutral or turns evil,then attacks and special abilities work as normal.I will try this modified version on my next game,but the original simple version of this rulling worked well in both my new years eve games.I would love if FFG would make an official fix on the knight it would be one of my new years resolutions. happy.gif