Moving testimony leads

By Bearpaw, in Android

We played a game of Android tonight and a question came up. When a player gets to move a lead marker, the manual says he has to move it to a new location of the same type (color), and in a different district than his own detective.

Now, I assumed this is the same for all leads, however something popped up during our game that made me question this. At one point, Louis had a plot card in play that said "Louis gains one good bagage each time a suspect is moved out of the blue district." Below that it said "Louis gains one bad bagage for each suspect that remains in the blue district at the end of his turn.

Does this mean that you're allowed to place testimony leads on different colors? Or does this mean I missed something and the districts on the map each have a color of their own?

I just had a look on the boardmap and I think I just answered my own question... you learn something new every day :)

Kerrigan said:

We played a game of Android tonight and a question came up. When a player gets to move a lead marker, the manual says he has to move it to a new location of the same type (color), and in a different district than his own detective.

Now, I assumed this is the same for all leads, however something popped up during our game that made me question this. At one point, Louis had a plot card in play that said "Louis gains one good bagage each time a suspect is moved out of the blue district." Below that it said "Louis gains one bad bagage for each suspect that remains in the blue district at the end of his turn.

Does this mean that you're allowed to place testimony leads on different colors? Or does this mean I missed something and the districts on the map each have a color of their own?

I think you have your answer but just in case others find this thread I think I'll try to fill it in.

Yes , when moving a lead it must always be placed at another location of the same color from where it came from. I think the confusion came from the fact that both indiviual locations are colored coded as well disctricts. You have many different colored locations in a single disctrict.
Yes , districts on the map have their own color codes.

If player B was the detective who investigated the piece of evidence then it would be player A (player to the right [coutner clock-wise]) who places that piece of evidence back on the board in any district except where player A is at that moment.

A district is a very large area of the board. 5 of the districts are pretty much 1/6 of the board. And I believe the Bean Stock also counts as a Disctrict.

So this Blue district will contain many different colored locations some of those being Blue but certainly not all. So in this case it doesn't matter what color the actual piece of evidence is. It only matter if any piece of evidence is being moved into or out of the large (1/6) blue disctrict.

Yeah I got confused and I wrongly assumed the rulebook was talking about colored locations when it actually meant the colored districts, at that time I hadn't yet noticed the districts all have their own distinct color.