New to Game

By MCLawler75, in Wings of War (WWII)

I'm fairly new to the WoW games, played a demo at GenCon for the WWI series...but with my addictive personality and the number of planes out for that set I'm pretty sure that one is a bad idea for my pocket book.

So, I'm looking into getting the WWII Deluxe Set and the two card expansion sets...is there anything from Dawn of War or the Fire from the Sky set that I would need with those three in my library?

Thanks for the info guys, looking forward to playing the game soon.

- MCLawler75

Fire from the Sky has dive-bombing rules that might not be in the Deluxe set (I don't have it, and thus don't know preocupado.gif ), but other than that, you should be good.

Reading through the rules for the deluxe set there are dive bombing rules, and rules for having a single seater do the bombing...so it looks like the only thing I'm missing are the planes that are in the Dawn of War and the Fire in the Sky boxes....I'm guessing I can get those as minitures and be good to go though.

OK, I have another question...."Wings of War: The Last Biplanes" is this for WW1 or WW2? I've seen it reported for both, and I'm not sure if it's something I want to look into or not...

I have a bit of a problem when it comes to collectable games, which is great for game manufacturers, not so great for my pocket book....I have to get them all. Which is why I stopped playing MTG years ago, and decided not to go with WW1 since there are already so many planes out for it.

It also looks like the booster pack "Wings of War: Revolution in the Sky" is out now, I'm assuming that this is for WW2...so thats two more I may have to get...I'll be putting all the planes on my christmas list, so hopefully I won't have to pick all of those up....

Thanks again all, and see you in the skies.

MCLawler75 said:

OK, I have another question...."Wings of War: The Last Biplanes" is this for WW1 or WW2? I've seen it reported for both, and I'm not sure if it's something I want to look into or not...

WW2 it covers acft. like the Gloster Gladiator.

Keep in mind that it takes Nexus about a year to a year and a half to get a new Series of minis out... that means after you get Series 2 which just came out a few months ago, you will have a long wait for something new.

I say just buy everything. Don't try to be a minimalist! You know it will be really cool and you want to own it!