Horus Heresy- 1993!

By meggypeggs, in Horus Heresy

Hi guys,

Sort of a plug as well as a question but has anyone played the original Horus Heresy game which I'm auctioning.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Horus-Heresy-game-40k-Wargame-Series-1993-/270627120772?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Games

A friend of mine (who gave it to me years ago as a gift) said he demo'd it when he worked at GW and thought it was good for its time but I can not recollect playing it...I found it in my mums attic when she was having a clear out as you can see it still in unpunched form lol!

Anyone remember playing it?

I own it. Gave it a couple of gos while waiting for the new HH to come out cool.gif . Old game is about 90 minutes on average, assuming Emperor doesn't die on turn 1 to the bombardment. One thing I liked about the old one was that you needed 4 spaceports AND the Inner Palace to win via "control", that generally meant Emperor was getting into the thick of things. New one has the Refresh Phases to limit the amount of actions each unit can take, old one had 5 turns with 2 "actions" each turn, but those actions allowed you to move and attack with all your units on the board.

I have the GW Game,usually the Emperor's forces were hard pressed but if you got the Emperor into combat with Horus you generaly won. It's ome of those Games thats good to play once in awhile but gets rather old it played too often.I never saw the need to get FFG version.

OD

l