Xombie horror..

By sabot2, in Tannhauser

..a la The Bunker:

So it's christmas, and my mother in law was here, and she got me a bag o' zombies from an unnamed, rival company to our somewhat beloved FFG.

And then I got an idea. The characters are in the map, and everyone is being attacked by zombies. Hundreds of them, dredged up by the latent magicks that are suffusing the area. Each zombie has one hit, stats TBD, and no special abilities. But they have numbers.

So, not only does the Reich have to deal with the Union, but both have to deal with a bit of an infestation of the shambling dead.

Any suggestions as to stats, or am I just whacked out of my head.

Sabot

I created zombie stats almost a year ago, but not many seem interested so I gave up on the idear.

here were my suggested stats

Military engineered Zombies (accident) created by the reich to create super human soldiers did not go so well.

combat: 6, 5, 4

mental: 1, 1, 1

speed: 5, 4, 3 (speeds may vary if you want the slow traditional types or the fast dangerous new type)

stamina: 3, 2, 1

Basic zombie

Combat 5

mental 1

speed 4 (may vary if you want fast or slow)

stamina 3

tokens:

bite:

If you roll a natural 10 in you combat roll and the opponent does not roll at least 1 natural 10 on the shock roll replace that character with a zombie miniature or token (what ever you use or have) at the start of that character's next activation phase.

zombie horde:

if there are 2 or more zombies within 2 spaces of another zombie (2 or less spaces) that zombie gains +1 per die.

Brains!!!:

once per game you may increase the speed and combat values by. This is commutative with other bonus such as zombie horde.

However, the stamina is considered 2, 2, 2 for the remainder of the game turn/round.

Zombie Spawn:

When a zombie character is destroyed/dies you may replace it with a new zombie counter/token/mini.

The new zombie restarts the game with full health and all tokens EXCEPT Zombie spawn.

I have some other zombie tokes and zombie stats some where, we used wizkids horror clix zombies (before I got into the gmae zombies!!! which is a fun little game by the way) And played with union characters only. If you roll two 9s or two 10s in a single combat roll it is a head shot and the zombie dies.

Should be noted that the last token (zombie spawn) was created because we did not have a whole lot of zombie minis, since you have about 100 of them with bag o' zombies you will not need it. ;)

You sir, are a genius.

Indeed, a genius.

Those stats are perfect, and useful indeed. Thanks.

This sounds live a super cool idea, I don't play this one enough to add stuff to it, but If I start playing it more, I want to try and add zombies.

Since this post has been up I've been aquiring a number of horror clix zombies. I'll give them a whirl around the board once they arrive using Sundance's stats.

I am intrigued by the Bag O Zombies. I've tracked down a couple of sources here in the UK but their descritions are a bit vague. So I've a couple of questions to ask those who have already own then :

1) Are they of a similar scale as Tannhauser figures ?

2) Are they all the same figure or are there a number of different poses in said bag ?

Or is it worth buying the game they are meant for ? And does the game come with figures or tokens and you have to buy the Bags anyway ?

I would say that they're slightly smaller scale than the TH figures. Further, there is only 1 pose. BUT:

There are 100 in a bag.

So it all works out in the end.

Sabot

I opted for the Bag o' Glowing Zombies. I need to get Bag o' Glowing Zombie Babes!!! & Bag o' Zombie Dogs!!! for vareity. I like the Glowing ones becasuse they are easier to find if they fall off the table, you just have to turn out the lights.

You could buy glowing and non-glowing have Radio active zombies.

greasy said:

I like the Glowing ones becasuse they are easier to find if they fall off the table, you just have to turn out the lights.

Don't do that. Don't ever do that.

Turn off the lights and they all come alive... and then they will kill you! sorpresa.gif

Depending on the game mode you might want to try a 5 heroes versus 100 zombies. Survival or Kill all type scenario. It might also be good to make all the zombies only have one wound.

Perhaps 20 of the zombies could have a token called

"You gotta shoot'em in the head"

If zombie has just suffered lethal damage from a Combat Roll remove this token from equipment. Zombie remains in play with lowest Wound Level. ( In this case only wound level)

Zombie immediatly makes counter attack if adjacent to opponent. Combat must be made with Hand-to-Hand Combat.