Shattered Ascension v4.0: Last Wrap-up

By PsiComa, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Shattered Ascension v4.0

Thought I'd give you a heads-up here at the official boards about the latest (and perhaps last) version of SA, an alternative rule-set to SE. You might find things here to make your games more action-packed, tweaks to introduce new strategical choices/depth, maps and political variants that enforce player negotation, as well as rules for 2-player games and other stuff. For advanced players, it's worth checking out. It took 6 years to develop this, and the balance in this system is absolutely stress-tested.

Thread is found here (1000+ replies may sound overwhelming but it's a lot of good discussion found there for enthusiasts of the game to persue)

http://www.ti3wiki.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1229386102

TI3 Wiki site is down. Apparently hacked. Is there an alternate place to download the latest version of this?

Now that ti3wiki.org is down (possibly for good) I am wondering where the vibrant community that was working on Shattered Ascension has gone? Those "house rules" (really much much more than that) has made the game much more enjoyable. Any response from Psicoma would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Anyone know the wiki author? Does he plan to bring it back?

A few weeks before it went down, I had downloaded the whole wiki, to read offline on the ipad (yeah i know... i am weird hehe)

Maybe it could be useful for him?

I've been wondering about the same thing.

I know that at least some of the SA people are active on the boardgamegeek forums.

I don't know if the wiki is coming back, but it was mentioned on BGG that it was unlikely. If so, I might set up a board somewhere to keep the variant discussions going. I miss them.

I'm pretty sure Lance had backups of the wiki. However, if your copy includes the forums, I'd be very interested in the variants and SA sections.

mattyx79 said:

Now that ti3wiki.org is down (possibly for good) I am wondering where the vibrant community that was working on Shattered Ascension has gone? Those "house rules" (really much much more than that) has made the game much more enjoyable. Any response from Psicoma would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Most of the vibrant community is gone without having a place to go. You will see some on BGG, but for the most part every one is scattered and moving on.

It is possible to get the wiki back up and running but Lance has pretty much said he doesn't have the time.

It would take a lot of work, skill, and a little money to get it back up and running.

Bill

The link to the latest SA 4.1 Beta. If I remember right the new space mines were in place then:

www.filesonic.com/file/3916879425/sa41beta.pdf

I'm sorry it's no url, ffg forums seem to have really sh*tty forum software, I cannot copy paste here

I'd play with tech secondary at 5 resources and primary at 7. There was a lengthy discussion on how to alter the tech stragegy card further but it did not result in a new tech card so far. If I remember right Psi thought 5 for secondary and 7 for primary was a good solution (maybe until a new card comes up some day?).

Some shameless self promotion: Shortly before the wiki went down I suggested to have artifacts and VotC give VP per turn (heavily inspired by mike's VP variant). I think each green card should offer 1/2 VP if held the entire round (since strategy phase). Notice this is barely tested, Mike's variant got some testing though and the reports were quite positive.

Some minor personal taste: Reveal 2 Stage II objectives at the start of the game, they are claimable if stage II is initiated. Reason: for consistency with the stage I method (reduce randomness, improve planning).

I also got the latest (<-afaik) versions of high quality printable strategy cards and race sheets on my pc, but it's late here and my upload is quite slow. I hope to come by in a few days and up them.

Mestre dos Magos said:

Anyone know the wiki author? Does he plan to bring it back?

A few weeks before it went down, I had downloaded the whole wiki, to read offline on the ipad (yeah i know... i am weird hehe)

Maybe it could be useful for him?

Wow, I think this would be really helpful to a lot of people! Any chance you could upload your backup somewhere? I'm also primarily interested in the variants section, specifically the racial objectives and alternate strategy cards.

Here are the Race Sheets:

www.filesonic.com/file/4034938644/SA_Race_Sheets_300dpi,_jpg,_10feb2011.7z

And the Strategy Cards:

www.filesonic.com/file/4035751264/SCbundle.7z

They are not made by me, I would like to credit the creator but unfortinately I forgot his name. Have fun playing :)

Thanks a lot! Actually, I didn't mean the custom made races, but the racial objectives which replace the normal secret objectives, like these:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7052403#7052403

There were a lot more on the wiki along with plenty of ideas and discussion.

Does anyone have a working link to the 4.1 Beta rules? All the previous links appear to be dead.

Thanks.

I'm looking for the supplementary stuff for SA. I have the 4.2 beta rules, but some of the supplement material (like the Paths of Fate cards) are dead links on Astral Vault. I'm just getting into SA after learning the rules for all the expansions, and I'm having trouble getting all the stuff I need to get started with some of the set scenarios and drastic changes.

Any alternate sources out there?

VirusSixZero said:

I'm looking for the supplementary stuff for SA. I have the 4.2 beta rules, but some of the supplement material (like the Paths of Fate cards) are dead links on Astral Vault. I'm just getting into SA after learning the rules for all the expansions, and I'm having trouble getting all the stuff I need to get started with some of the set scenarios and drastic changes.

Any alternate sources out there?

Some of the material from the wiki has been lost, but take a look at simonkamber.dk/ti3. A lot of the stuff can be found there (and the paths of fate cards are being discussed right now, so you're not the only one searching for them).

A small community have been ressurected.

Check out the SA web page at www.astralvault.net/games/SA and check the link to the forum. A ton of new resources to enhance your game with!

Can we get an update on this? I'd really like to tryout these alternate maps.

I'm not checking these boards very often, so sorry for the late reply.

Well, a lot of updates have been done recently. And we're nearing a stable version of 4.2, fully integrated with SotT. Drop by!

Three cheers to you Psicoma! I had just about givin up on ever playing one of these fabled custom boards. Now I and the eight other players of my Miami Fl group can enjoy their variety! Bravo good sir, Bravo!