How do you use Knockdown? Primitive weapon -vs armour

By Mortic, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

So when the characters in my group are in melee ad the first few start levels, they use knockdown all the time!!! Its a half-action, so you can also attack and use it. On the other hand, the opponent can stand up and attack. So its seems alike an evil circle. Have you experience this before, and did you do anything about it.

Other question: From the start, some of the players gets flak armour, witch count as double vs primitive melee weapons. So its almost seems stupid to have my bad guys and goons use primitve melee weapons ad all against my players.

Regards

Mortic said:

So when the characters in my group are in melee ad the first few start levels, they use knockdown all the time!!! Its a half-action, so you can also attack and use it. On the other hand, the opponent can stand up and attack. So its seems alike an evil circle. Have you experience this before, and did you do anything about it.

You've missed something. Knockdown is an attack action and you can't perform two attack actions in the same round.

Mortic said:

Other question: From the start, some of the players gets flak armour, witch count as double vs primitive melee weapons. So its almost seems stupid to have my bad guys and goons use primitve melee weapons ad all against my players.

Regards

Stupid? Anyway, put mono on appropriate weapons and they no longer count as primitive.

Mortic said:

That's the joy of armour - it does great things to ward off a knife to the kidnies. Guardsmen owe alot of their survivability at the start to their (relatively) superb armour. It doesn't help them if they get grappled by two or three cultists, wrestled to the ground and then stabbed repeatedly while held immobile, though.