Anima "Core Exxet" Revised Edition

By Silent Wolf, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

From the Edge Entertainment news :

Anima_Revised_Core_Exxet.jpg

Edge Entertainment is proud to announce Anima: Beyond Fantasy Core Exxet Revised Edition. With the imminent publication of the new Anima sourcebook , Arcana Exxet: Secretos de lo Sobrenatural , a renewed and revised edition of the core rulebook Anima: Beyond Fantasy will see the light .

Some of the changes will include a complete facelift of the secondary skill system, a remodeling of the magic system, and the elimination of the combat table. On this topic , the authors at Edge assure that the new revised edition (*) will be compatible with the previous books. Arcana Exxet will be published under the revised magic system, with explanation on how to adapt the rules to the previous system.

(*) As a sidenote, this is the second revised edition of Anima : the original core rulebook was published in Spain in 2005, and the first revised edition (the one translated in english) was published in 2007.

My friends are happy for combat semplification!

For the first time on these forums I think I'm actually happy translations take a while to produce. Simplification is not always a better thing. One of things that drew me to Anima was the combat table and the fluidity of the combat. I don't know what will replace the Combat Table in this revised edition, but the only thing that has been evident in all other systems is the stale single attack against a static defense system. Sure its simple, but simple is boring

Well first of all if the people at FFG are releasing based off of book release, we wont see this for a while (even assuming that the release schedule is sped up)

However I would really like to see how they increased combat (and to a lesser extent the secondary abilities) if only because that is the part my group said was the worst/most difficult part to learn about the game... I am probabaly just a bad teacher. I am guessing character creation wont remain changed too much, I really do like the idea of giving the players tons of points to coustomize themselves.

Question: Is this an addition (like pay 20 bucks and get the changes) or is this a whole new core that I will have to pay 50 bucks on? (or do you know) *sigh* Most likely its going to be an other 50 bucks that FFG drains me of.

KilledWithStyle said:

Question: Is this an addition (like pay 20 bucks and get the changes) or is this a whole new core that I will have to pay 50 bucks on? (or do you know) *sigh* Most likely its going to be an other 50 bucks that FFG drains me of.

Well, looking at the page numbers in the screenshots , it's gonna be an all new book as big as the original core rulebook. Could call it Anima 2Ed. And surely will sell for as much as the original book.

Hunter1115 said:

For the first time on these forums I think I'm actually happy translations take a while to produce. Simplification is not always a better thing. One of things that drew me to Anima was the combat table and the fluidity of the combat. I don't know what will replace the Combat Table in this revised edition, but the only thing that has been evident in all other systems is the stale single attack against a static defense system. Sure its simple, but simple is boring

You could just eliminate the table and write out the Combat formula behind the table. it's a fairly simple one, after all.

I definitely do not think Anima will become static defense based. That would be a huge change.

Other core aspects of gameplay do need some changes, though. (Cough Characteristic Checks Cough).

Cannot wait for the English translation. Plus there was so many mistakes and other stuff left out of the original.

I wouldnt hold my breathe, as I doubt your going to see it in english anytime in the near future. Plus if their performance on Premetheum Exxet is anything to go by, then if it does come out in english there will be even more mistakes than the original.
Also for the recored there is less than a 10% difference between Core Exxet and the original Core book.

P.S. This thread is over 2 years old, and there is still not a single word about it coming to english, that should tell you something.

Edited by Black-Fox

Now, Gaia 2, that's something else. Coming out in Spanish in September, I'm looking forward to the English edition.

Why are the English reading players being put down like this!?

Give us the translations! I want to give money for these things!