Yellow Sleeves

By ggiersch, in Fantasy Flight Supply

Howdy all. I'm in the process of sleeving DungeonQuest and have run into something interesting. Some of the sleeved cards are 3/4 of a centimeter longer. It makes for interesting shuffling and mismatched stacks that are visually noticeable. This became a problem with some of the smaller combat stacks as well as the sleeping dragon stack. I've bought four more, but almost all of these are bigger. What is interesting was that almost all of the first 5 bags I bought fit the cards perfectly with just a bit of clear plastic at the top. After purchasing more sleeves, comparing sizes, and resleeving, I am down to just to about 25 oversized card sleeves that need to be replaced by smaller sleeves. However, my most recent purchase of replacements (what I assume to be the new shipment of card sleeves) are all too big.

Anyone else out there sleeving DungeonQuest and may have noticed this? Should I just suck it up and purchase more in hopes of finding a match? Or does anyone think that the new yellow sleeve shipment might just be that much bigger?

Yeah, I have noticed this as well. It is somewhat annoying but my sleeves were not that bad, and if something was off, I would just put it in a stack of cards that are more then 30 cards.

I usually buy sleeves by the case, and I have a lot of games to sleeve up. The first batch of sleeves I bought were all perfect, I was very impressed by the quality and how they were all the same size. Being a magic player for several years, I had my share of sleeves that were mismatched in size.

However, this new batch there are problems with the size. I am not going to worry too much, if cards became marked because of this then I would find a solution but as of now, I can live with it.