Suggestion about Capitals - to Fantasy Flight Games

By MagoK, in Warhammer Invasion Off Topic

For now, capitals of all facctions are equals for game effects.

Are Fantasy Flight Games planning to create capitals with special abilities, in a expansion edition or anything else?

Something like that:

"Capital of Empire: kingdom with just two power, but with the ability: Action: After a Suppot card enters in play, you 1 resource." or

"Capital of Dwarf: You can put two developments each your turn."

" Capital of High Elf: kingdon with five power, Quest with three Power, but zone with 5 Life Points (no 8 points)".

"Neutral Capital"...

thanks for attention,

Kris

you can add those as game variants if you want. Not bad ideas.

WOW !!,

I really Like the idea. But cutting off the hammers in the kingdom zone hamper too much (adding one boost too much).

I foresee a capital with just 6HP/zone but three loyalty symbols for each Faction...(this would give a chance to legends !!!)

An Order or Destruction capital with a symbol of each allied factions but with 6HP/zone.

A Lizardmen capital that reduce the cost of the first lizardmen unit you play each turn by one but have no loyalty symbol.

An Undead one on on which you have to dump the first card of you deck in the discard at each of you quest phase but no loyalty symbol.

A Skaven one that boost +1 dmg for each of you attacking units but without loyalty symbol.

A Wood elf one that begins the game with a developpement in each zone but no loyalty symbol.

A bretonnian one that reduce the quest cost to 0 but without loyalty symbol. (but there are not much bretonnians yet).

I think Fantasy flight should check the possibility of creating officials (balanced) one (and accept them for tournament). That would expand the possibilities.

Its sad I'm not a talented ''photoshopper'' . I'd create those myself and share them to the community. I wonder if a good fellow would do it for us !!!???

The L5R Cardgame has Strongholds (= capitals) that work like this. Over time there have been even several different strongholds for each fraction. I was really hoping that WI would do something like this too. If they are BALANCED (yes, I shout this word) with the standard capitals this could be added at any time.

A neutral Stronghold could (for example) have NO Loyalty icon at all but reduce the cost of the first neutral card each turn by 1. (And you could print it both way's so you have one side for "order" neutrals and the other side for "destruction" ones. Or (if that turns out to be too powerful after some PLAYTESTING) you can reduce the cost of the first card for one special fraction (like Skaven, Lizardmen, Woodelfes, Undead etc.).

Ah well... we wait and see...

Runenstahl said:

The L5R Cardgame has Strongholds (= capitals) that work like this. Over time there have been even several different strongholds for each fraction.

L5R also has (had?) Sensei cards that started the game revealed with your stronghold. They modify stronghold's stats and add abilities.

Right. That might also work with Invasion. While I hope they'll do something in this direction... I think it's unlikely :(

I've made several unique capital boards for my solo variant of WI. Each board has different number or power symbols and loyalty icons as well as events that can be triggered by the AI.

The capital boards and rules can be found hereā€¦

javascript:void(0);/*1339491871418*/