12 or 16 hero cards in core set

By Allavandrel, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

In the product description it is said that there is 16 hero cards in the core set, but in the Hopeless Gamer interview designer Jason Walden says that there is only 12 heroes. I am confused!!!

Do anyone know what the correct number is?

Should be 16 as per the product description page.

From the latest preview...

"Each player starts the game controlling 1-3 heroes from the Middle-earth setting, and these heroes form the backbone of that player’s party. With 12 Hero Cards in the core game and more forthcoming in monthly Adventure Pack expansions, players have a variety of options at their disposal when choosing a group of heroes, ranging from beloved fan favorites like Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli to lesser known adventurers who are about to explore Middle-earth for the very first time."

... and now the error is fixed in the product description.

Well at least we have that cleared up, and it makes more sense since it says it can make 4 decks, 3 per deck.

Any guess on which heroes will be in the Core Set? We already know of Thorin, Legolas and Aragorn, but who are the other?

Gimli for sure, and I think Theodred is a hero card too, maybe an ally.

Theodred and Celeborn are heroes. Aragorn, Theodred and Celeborn were the 'hero triad' that was demoed.

k so we know 5 of 12.

Aragorn
Gimli
Legolas
Theodred
Celeborn

Six, there's Thorin too.

are we sure he is hero card and not an ally like Gandalf ?

In the demo I played he had been 'hidden' below the Aragorn card (wasn't in play) I asked specifically about him since I had painted the art for the card and had been told he would be in the demo.

Toqtamish said:

are we sure he is hero card and not an ally like Gandalf ?

If you look the description page, you can see that Thorin has a hero's sphere while Gandalf hasn't ;-)

Excellent, so we know half of them now.

Allavandrel said:

... and now the error is fixed in the product description.

Anyway, when searching in the "Upcoming" products page, it still reads 16...

You can add Eowyn to the list of Heroes! You can see her clearly in one of the board game geek pictures.

Also, I think there's another hero on the description page's picture of the whole layout. He looks like Denethor, sitting on a throne with a ceptre.

I couldn't find a better picture though...