Availability Descent Promo Figures?

By biomage, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I know that these were in the Realms of Terrinoth gift bags. However, they were sold out before I ever bought Descent. Now,after having played Descent, I am trying to find the figures. I have looked on BGG and, while many people list them for trade or sell, I can't find them in English.

Are these figures expected to be reprinted? Are they still available anywhere? What about the Realms of Terrinoth Scenario book?

Any information would be appreciated.

biomage said:

I know that these were in the Realms of Terrinoth gift bags. However, they were sold out before I ever bought Descent. Now,after having played Descent, I am trying to find the figures. I have looked on BGG and, while many people list them for trade or sell, I can't find them in English.

Are these figures expected to be reprinted? Are they still available anywhere? What about the Realms of Terrinoth Scenario book?

Any information would be appreciated.

No clue - I got them at the Terrinoth event but they weren't for sale in the store there as far as I saw... Not sure if they are available through any other means than buying them from someone who was at an event, printing the english cards from BGG and just using some other mini's for the characters - or - attending an event.

Well Nara the Fang should still be available in first print run copies of Sea of Blood. I haven't noticed news of a reprint on that expansion yet, and even if it has been there should still be some first run copies out there. Look for a sticker on the front saying it includes Nara to be sure.

The other three were for sale on FFG's website last Christmas (prior to the Realms event.) There's no news of whether or not they'll be available again through the webstore, but that's probably your best bet (barring eBay and such anyway.) Just keep your eyes peeled on the FFG web store. If it happens, it'll probably be around a major holiday like Christmas.

Oh yeah - forgot Nara was in there as well...

Guess I missed that sale last year... here's hoping they make some NEW promo figures we can buy at Christmas!!! :)

SoylentGreen said:

Guess I missed that sale last year... here's hoping they make some NEW promo figures we can buy at Christmas!!! :)

Personally I'd rather see heroes packaged solo or in pairs in mini boxes, along with hero cards and tokens for all the relevant games and available as a regular retail item than see more promos. That's assuming FFG has an interest in producing heroes more frequently than the current 6 per new expansion or so, which is a perfectly good rate to me. I don't want to get off on a rant about promos, but it's not a business model I particularly like.

Unless you meant a new print run of these four promos, in which case yeah, I'm sure there's still some people who'd want them. =)

With the recent production of all the Arkham Horror investigators as miniatures, I could see them doing something like that...

-shnar

Steve-O said:

SoylentGreen said:

Personally I'd rather see heroes packaged solo or in pairs in mini boxes, along with hero cards and tokens for all the relevant games and available as a regular retail item than see more promos. That's assuming FFG has an interest in producing heroes more frequently than the current 6 per new expansion or so, which is a perfectly good rate to me. I don't want to get off on a rant about promos, but it's not a business model I particularly like.

Unless you meant a new print run of these four promos, in which case yeah, I'm sure there's still some people who'd want them. =)

I would rather have monster packs. :) Or event packs with new traps - or tile packs.

PLENTY of heroes already!! :) Overlord needs more fun stuff!

SoylentGreen said:

I would rather have monster packs. :) Or event packs with new traps - or tile packs.

But then, you already have the promo heroes. I can see why you wouldn't want them.

Actually, I found a few people willing to sell them. However, I won't pay more than $10-$15 each for them. If I can't get them for that, I just wait for FFG to rerelease them, which I am pretty sure they will do, especially since compatible DungeonQuest figures are being released.

biomage said:

SoylentGreen said:

But then, you already have the promo heroes. I can see why you wouldn't want them.

Yeah - for those who don't have them - I hope they do become available to you again.

But - new content would be WONDERFUL. :)

If anyone is interested I have (German) spares for all promo heroes but Thruthseer Kel that I would be willing to sell

Yes, if anyone has any extras they are willing to sell or trade, please let me know. I have Nara the Fang, but still need Tobin Farslayer, Jonas the Kind and Truthseer Kel. While I would prefer the English versions, any language would be acceptable as translations are easily available. Let me know, [email protected]. (x added to email to prevent spam, remove them to email me). Thanks.