Am I missing cards?

By oshfarms, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I just opened my copy of Altar of Despair and noticed there are no spawn cards for the chaos beasts, and no non-treachery spawn cards for the deep elves and trolls. Is this normal, or am I missing some?

Thanks.

This is normal. The Chaos Beast is one of the VERY rare monsters. Outside of AoD, you will almost never see one.

As for the others, you are also not missing anything. The rule book states which cards get added to the basic Overlord deck.

Thanks for the reply. I wish there was some way to bring chaos beasts into sea of blood though. ( I haven't checked if they might be available in a random dungeon ).

If you look over on BGG some people have come up with "point systems" for the different dungeons in the advanced campaign. Basically they take whatever monsters a level should get, then give the OL an equivilent number of "points" to spend on purchasing whatever monsters he wants (with more powerful monsters costing more points). This lets you get a lot of monsters on the table you otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Of course this could also lead to some broken combinations, and potentially make some levels insanely hard, but it could also have an opposite effect on some levels depending on how the OL spends his points. On paper at least, a lot of them look really good (I've been interested in some, but never given any of them a try).

oshfarms said:

Thanks for the reply. I wish there was some way to bring chaos beasts into sea of blood though. ( I haven't checked if they might be available in a random dungeon ).

They appear in the following Dungeons:

2. Alchemist's Lab

34. Reflections

Rumour 12

So the only way to see Chaos Beasts in SoB is by mixing in the RtL Dungeons and rumours.

Thanks for the info. I don't own RtL. . . yet. happy.gif