trapmaster question

By oren2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

hi all,

the card states that " Trap cards that deal damage deal an additional 2 wounds".

If i played "explosive doors" combined with "trapmaster", does the affected hero roll 6 dice instead of 4? or he rolls 4 dice and automatically gets 2 wounds?

Trapmaster doesn't give any extra dice for resisting the damage, so it's at least a couple points guaranteed on those types of traps.

He rolls 4 dice and then you add 2 wounds to the tota.

Trapmaster is a good card if you can get it out early enough, or if your the Spider Queen.

I was lucky last dungeon and got it out on level 1, was able to hit the "tank" with 4 traps in a row as he declared a run, the extra 2 wounds, and the other wouind ignoring armour (he has armour 7) killed him, something my monsters would have serious problems with due to his armour, we are on copper level.

Yep, the Spider Queen is excellent.I've recently won the RTL campaign with her. Couple her ability with two Trapmaster cards and the Into my Parlour upgrade, and the heroes are in for a painful journey.

Actually, one of the good things about Trapmaster (compared to other powers) is that it only affects cards that you play, and so you have the option to wait and play those cards after you get Trapmaster out, even if that's really late in the game. You might miss out on some opportunities that way, but every other power card actually does less total stuff over the course of the game if you get it out late, while Trapmaster only does less if you've already blown your traps.

Antistone said:

Actually, one of the good things about Trapmaster (compared to other powers) is that it only affects cards that you play, and so you have the option to wait and play those cards after you get Trapmaster out, even if that's really late in the game. You might miss out on some opportunities that way, but every other power card actually does less total stuff over the course of the game if you get it out late, while Trapmaster only does less if you've already blown your traps.

Good point