Ballistic Mechandrites - Semi/Full auto? swift/lightning attack?

By Radomo, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Assuming Machinator Array, can you fire a semi-/full-auto burst as your reaction?

Again assuming Machinator Array, if you have a close combat mounted mechandrite and swift/lightning attack, can you use the multiple attacks with the mechandrite?

Radomo said:

Assuming Machinator Array, can you fire a semi-/full-auto burst as your reaction?

Again assuming Machinator Array, if you have a close combat mounted mechandrite and swift/lightning attack, can you use the multiple attacks with the mechandrite?

I'd say no. It seems as though the rules are suggesting that only half-actions are allowed, which would mean no full-auto or semi-auto, and only single shots.

If the above "only half actions" is correct, then no, you wouldn't be able to make multiple attacks with your mechadendrite, only single attacks.

I'd consider it valid to use the Mechadendrite as your normal action for the round, whether that be all-out, full auto, Lightning or whatever. If you use it with the reaction, you should be limited to the half action attack.

I was kind of under that impression as well, although sending a mental impulse to hold the trigger down longer wouldn't take that much longer, I would think. I had checked the errata to see if there was a ruling and searched here, but found nothing.

For the close combat version, I should have been more clear. The way I read CC equipped mechandrites is something like this. Tech priest w/ swift/lightning attack gets 2-3 attacks with his normal melee weapon(s) and a reaction gives a single attack with a mechandrite (either CC or gun) for a total of 3-4 attacks (ignoring TWW). My question was more of, assume the tech priest is holding a basic, heavy weapon, or otherwise has no melee weapons in his hands. For his Full round attack action, could he apply swift/lightning and get 2-3 attacks with the mechandrite? Using swift/lightning attack on both hand held and mechandrite weapons would be way too much.

Certainly, I don't think there's anything to suggest that the mechadendrite should be treated any differently apart from not suffering from minuses to hit even despite not being wielded in the main hand and being able to use a reaction to attack as well as normal attacks.

as far as I asked mack and he replied I interpret it as

you can use it as your offhand weapon as you like meaning use it as your offhand weapon for multiple attacks,parry,...

you can use it to make a half action single attack with a reaction (but not if you already used this arm this round)

therefore you need to use it with a regular full action as your offhand (but with no penalties) to make a semi or full burst and then are not able to do an additional attack with it the same round as an reaction

but you are eligible to get an eviscerator and an omnissian axe and using multiple attacks with two weapon wielder and lgihtning attack you can make

3attacks with the eviscerator and 1 attack with the omnissian axe (and parry with that forceblade in the next mecha)