Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum

By Laughmask, in Grimm RPG

"Fee-fi-fo-fum,
I smell the blood of an Englishman,
Be he alive, or be he dead
I'll grind his bones to make my bread."

Could you imagine the mix of nostalgia and terror when the children who happened to stop at a small cottage to rest hear a faint, yet roaring "FEE FI FO FUM!" off in the distance. Soon to be accompanied with monstrous quakes knocking pots and pans from the shelves, dust off the rafters, and even scattering the small scavenging mice out from within the walls. Such a saying has been made into a giant's battle-cry in honor of the fallen giant slain by Jack. Perhaps they are search of the magical coals within the giant's kiln and brick oven, but the only way to get to it, let alone in it, is with the aid of a giant. Bringing the giant an englishman, or convincing him one of the kids is an englishman may be the only way to garner his trust and be taken to his giant oven.

We all know the classic "over the river and through the woods" rhyme, but most don't know the second half, the darker half. (Yes, I am clearly aware that there is a whole different ending that is happy and fun in celebration of thanksgiving, but this is Grimm, they don't have thanksgiving...or do they!?!? sorpresa.gif )

"Over the river, and through the wood,
To Grandfather's house we go;
The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh
through the white and drifted snow.

Over the river, and through the wood,

some lights begin to grow;

not the flickering orange of a candle-light,

but a dark and ominous glow.

Over the river, and through the wood,

there's crimson on display;

but no people about, to laugh and play,only a bloody corpse fillet."

I'm not sure who Grandma would be. The house could even be surprisingly usurped by a small group of cannibals, a crazed hermit looking to set up shop, or a traveling musician looking to find a companion but only attracting the interest of wild animals who he tricks, traps, and leaves them to their death ( this was actually inspired on of grimm's fairy tales ). Eventually after seeing so many helpless animals tied up and left to rot, he wanted to do the killing himself. Finding the most gruesome and treacherous methods of bringing their fateful demise, the strange musician has become nothing short of psychotic.