Invader cards

By lishai, in Doom

What invader card desk do you like most?And what invader cards are your favorites(expect spawn cards-all invaders like spawn cards!)

I think the expansion deck is more balanced, the original deck has brutal cards like sealed in, it's a trap and my personal favourite Panic. .

My favourite cards from the expansion deck are: Descent into madness , Earthquake and of course Crushing Blow.

From the expansion deck Wraith Jump and Tick Blast are pretty spiffy too, specially the latter as it makes useless trites into something actually decent.

Neuromancer said:

From the expansion deck Wraith Jump and Tick Blast are pretty spiffy too, specially the latter as it makes useless trites into something actually decent.

I find trites to be extremely useful. I like keeping them in a room with a vent in the ground, far away from the marines. when the marines stop near a vent in another room, i pop the trites in, attack the marines, then pop them back through and out of range of the marines. The only way they marines can defend against this is if they have a guard order up when a trite comes through.

lishai said:

What invader card desk do you like most?And what invader cards are your favorites(expect spawn cards-all invaders like spawn cards!)

I'll be quick. The basic deck is simply broken. The Invader doesn't actually have to think in order to be able to kill marines with the basic deck.. There is only one strategy: Wait for the triggering condition to be fulfilled, play the uber-card, frag the marine then repeat. It's a mindless auto-kill, autopilot deck. It is the reason that this game is so underrated as a "broken and unbalanced mess". This game is a gem but this deck and its sheer broken-ness made lots of people bashing it and shelving it.

It deserved better.

Use the expansion deck to actually play a good game. Over and out.

P.S. Favorite card from the expansion deck, I won't bother with the basic deck: Earthquake. You can do so many nasty combos with it.