Quests

By aziz_a_m, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi

How many quests do you get with the core box?

IIRC it's 10, though it may be 9.

Every non-campaign set after that has 8+ more quests in it. there's also the (much maligned) Wuest Compendium which has quite a few but requires the errata to be playable.

With the core set you get 9 quests.

With Well of Darkness there are an additional 9 quests.

With Altar of Despair there are 6 quests.

With Tomb of Ice there are 6 quests.

Hope this helps.

Slaphead6 is correct; James is mistaken.

I believe the Quest Compendium contains 16 quests, but it's not generally recommended for a variety of reasons (chief among them being 10 pages of errata).

There's also 3 downloadable "bonus quests" ( The Aerie of Death , The Chase, and Cult of the 100 ) you can get from the Descent Support Page .

And a database of fan-made quests .

I have said dubious Quest Compendium in my possession and you are correct, it holds 16 quests. I have to say, a lot of them are quite peculiar to say the least. We've recently played one of them, being the first of the book, named A Deathly Problem. We played with three heroes and we liked the quest a lot, the heroes won but only barely, with 1 conquest to spare when they killed the final boss.

I didn't have the errata pages printed out, but when I checked them later all of what they contained about the quest we played, we implemented since most of the things were pretty logical. A few of the other quests have had the need for more elaborate errata, so while I can't quite recommend the Compendium, I wouldn't say it's hopeless either, since there are some very interesting maps and ideas in there, and there's at least a few quests that I plan on playing in the near future.

If you want to see the complete list of quests, check here .