Confused about Jack Skellington and Dark Deck

By MahouRider, in Rules Discussions

So lets say my opponent has a level 2 Jack on the field. I am playing a dark deck. My hand is a Lv 2 dark, Lv 3 dark, Lv 5 Dark, and a Lv. 8 Dark, and the other two cards are random.

Can i lay down the lv 2 then the lv 3?

Following that, could i lay down the Lv 5, since it is considered a Lv. 3? And the same applies to the Lv. 8?

If not, what must i wait to do until I can play the Lv. 5, and Lv. 8?

MahouRider said:

So lets say my opponent has a level 2 Jack on the field. I am playing a dark deck. My hand is a Lv 2 dark, Lv 3 dark, Lv 5 Dark, and a Lv. 8 Dark, and the other two cards are random.

Can i lay down the lv 2 then the lv 3?

Following that, could i lay down the Lv 5, since it is considered a Lv. 3? And the same applies to the Lv. 8?

If not, what must i wait to do until I can play the Lv. 5, and Lv. 8?

Jack says that all dark cards in play and in player's hands are reduced by x levels so in this case you could then play the lvl 2 then the lvl 3 (in either order)...The lvl 2 is now a lvl 0 and the lvl 3 is now a lvl 1. The lvl 5 would be a lvl 3 and the lvl 8 would be a lvl 6. To play the lvl 5 (lvl 3) you would need to play a lvl 4 (lvl 2) heartless and to play the lvl 8 (lvl 6) you would need a lvl 7 (lvl 5) heartless in play.

that's what i thought would be the outcome. thanks for clearing that up.