question about battles against neutral cities

By Lord Loren Soth, in Warrior Knights

hello

i'm new to this game having received it as a gift for xmas

what happen when a noble attack a neutral city and the city have a partial victory(the baron inflicted 200 casualties + 1 victory for his special ability while the neutral city played -100 casualties + 2 victory cards)?

What I think:

When you assault a city, neutral or not, and if the casualties were not enough to breach the city (because if they were you do not count victories), you use the normal rules: if the city had a full victory your noble(s) dies, if it was a partial victory you have to retreat; stalemate you don’t win the city; if you had a partial or full victory you take over the city. The only difference between neutral or not is if the as an onwer AND a defending noble (and in that case he can die or have to retreat).

Lord Loren Soth said:

what happen when a noble attack a neutral city and the city have a partial victory(the baron inflicted 200 casualties + 1 victory for his special ability while the neutral city played -100 casualties + 2 victory cards)?

Hi.

It would depend on the city being attacked.

If it's a (shield) 2 city: It recieves 1 breach marker because you dealt 100 casualties on it. But you are killed* because the city had 1 more victory than you.

*meaning you return to "base".

I don't have the rulebook in front of me though, but victories are more important than casualties in WK. Unless a city dealt you 200 casualties, and you only have 200 troops with the noble. You could have 2 victories and still lose. But if you only had 1 victory and 1 prevent 100 damage, you would win. Only having to put a -100 token on the unit that was damaged (during muster forces you can pay 2 crowns and remove the -100 token from the unit.)

Hope some of this was helpful.

It depends on the strength of the city before you made the attack. If the city had 100 strength, then you caused enough damage to reduce its strength to "0", and therefore Victories don't matter (page 17). If the city had 200+ strength, then you were not able to reduce its strength to "0", and so the city achieved a partial victory (page 15). After drawing for deserters, your noble(s) must retreat to an adjacent area that does not contain a city or noble belonging to another player, but if such an area does not exist, then you must retreat the noble to your stronghold (page 17-18).