Card Size?

By mmotomb, in Talisman

I've watched a video review of the game and I have to admit I was rather disappointed at the card size and how the reviewer was holding the tiny little cards in his hand. I was wondering if there's a version of Talisman with bigger cards that I can buy?

Nope. Don't worry, you'll get used to it.

Also, at least for me, there is almost no holding cards in hand. Objects and Followers are in their "slots" under the character card, Spell cards are facedown close by. When you're casting a spell, just whip it out. Good thing about the small size it that the decks don't cover a lot of space. I for example have Spell and Adventure decks in the Inner Region, there is still room the the ending card and discard piles for both decks.

Dam said:

Also, at least for me, there is almost no holding cards in hand. Objects and Followers are in their "slots" under the character card, Spell cards are facedown close by. When you're casting a spell, just whip it out. Good thing about the small size it that the decks don't cover a lot of space. I for example have Spell and Adventure decks in the Inner Region, there is still room the the ending card and discard piles for both decks.

Second that.

My biggest complaint about the size of the cards (in FFG games generally) is that often, the text portion of the card obscures some of the art. This can happen even when the text could easily have been lowered and more of the artwork revealed. FFG has some amazing artists working on the cards; it's a real shame when the text on the card seems to take over.

Why are the cards so small? They are far too small to read without bright light and a magnafying glass! :-(

1 hour ago, TheWeber said:

Why are the cards so small? They are far too small to read without bright light and a magnafying glass! :-(

Because they are placed on the board. It's already huge - I shudder to think how large it would have to be to hold full-size cards.

2 hours ago, TheWeber said:

If your at all involved in the board game scene, there are many sizes of cards in games, and this size is a size fairly often used, especially in many of FFG's games, but other companies make games with similar sized cards. I would refer you to the new version of RoboRally which has cards smaller than Talisman. Even the popular Ticket to Ride has small cards, but they did make an expansion which replaced the cards with bigger sizes. But I don't know of other games that ever did that.

If you plan on board gaming, particularly with FFG games, get used to it.