Strange Eons DiY toggle coding

By Musha Shukou, in Fan Creations

I am trying to set up a DiY card template in Strange Eons that will have a toggle fuction very similar to what is used on the Mythos card template's gate location, monster movement, etc. On the Mythos card template you can select <none> for the gate location, and the gate location goes completely away. Then, any text you enter can occupy this now empty space. I have no experience with Java Script except for the tutorials for Strange Eons. Can anybody please show me a tutorial that shows how to set this up or even just show me the code right here? Thank you.

It sounds like you want to know what an if statement is. Along the lines of...

if( $selection == "None" ) {

// draw something

} else {

// draw something else

}

A couple of notes:

Equality is tested with two equals signs (==). One equals sign means assignment (a = 5 means "set a to 5", not "is a equal to 5"?). Not equals is !=.

There are tons of Javascript tutorials online, but most of them assume you are using Javascript to control a Web page, which can make them hard to apply directly. Surprisingly, the Mozilla developer site provides a good Javascript tutorial with relatively little emphasis on HTML.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

So I've tried this over and over again and nothing seems to work for me. I know the Mythos template is built into the program, but is there any way you could show me the code for a Mythos template if you HAD done it DIY please?

Thank you!