Dominion style?

By Keggy, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

I'm always leery of "deck building card games." I'm really hoping this isn't like Dominion or Thunderstone, since those tend to play out like multiplayer solitaire. The part about picking to play as different teams gives me some hope, but I'm still worried.

Why even suggest that it may be like Dominion when we just have this one piece of info to go on?

I prefer to hope that it will be just like being the manager of an Old World Blood Bowl team, meaning it will be a box full of guts and glory!

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

I don't really see this as being similar to Dominion, although it may borrow some elements. I think it'll be more along the lines of a "drafting" game, like ccg drafting, followed by game rounds where teams play each other for the best record.

>>I think it will be more along the lines of a "drafting" game, like ccg drafting, followed by game rounds where Teams play each other for the best record"

- I hope so too !

- also i hope there is a soon release in German Languege

+ addons so we get Teams of all of the 21 (24) races + an Dungeon Bowl Add On

http://deutsche-bb-community.de

www.n-bbl.de

Sir_Twist said:

>>I think it will be more along the lines of a "drafting" game, like ccg drafting, followed by game rounds where Teams play each other for the best record"

- I hope so too !

- also i hope there is a soon release in German Languege

+ addons so we get Teams of all of the 21 (24) races + an Dungeon Bowl Add On

http://deutsche-bb-community.de 180 Teams German Blood Bowl League

www.n-bbl.de

If it is supposed to simulate a whole season, where teams travel around and play in different tourneys, I don't see any reason for a dungion bowl expansion as that may be a tourney already included as part of the original game. From what I was told at GenCon, it forcuses on developing the team over a season, not playing individual games.

Kong-lin said:

From what I was told at GenCon, it forcuses on developing the team over a season, not playing individual games.

Yes, but there must be some easy mechanic to "play" against other teams.

Did you see any cards ? More Infos ?

It is possible to have a game that draws elements from games like Dominion and Thunderstone without be similar to those games.

The brief 30 second conversation I had with a man in a blue shirt (FFG employee) at Gencon was that they think that Dominion style games are a new avenue that people really enjoy and that Blood Bowl is going to borrow from that style. Now some people may dislike that style however, if you were at Gencon, from my observations the most common game I saw in a bag was Dominion by FAR. So that game has crazy broad appeal.

I can think of 3 games out now that "mimic" Dominion's deck-building : Thunderstone, Ascension, and Heroes of Graxia. None of them play like Dominion, so just because Blood Bowl might be a deck-building game really doesn't concern me.

I was just reading up on Nightfall, a soon to be released deckbuilding game, that definitely breaks the "multiplayer solitaire" stereotype. Looks like it should be highly interactive with lots of combat. Blood Bowl could be something closer to that. I'm wondering more about how drafting would work since I would expect the teams to be racially divided as they were in old school (old world school?) Blood Bowl.

Maybe there will be generic cards for all players and also race-specific cards. I think it may be the same system like in Rune Age.