What would the next expansions cover?

By A Duck1, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Dunwich and Kingsport have been covered. Innsmouth is next, which closes the iconic Lovecraft locations of the Mythos. So my question is, what next? Besides the small card expansions, will Innsmouth be the last expansion to contain a board?

Sincerely, the only expansion I can see that may contain a board besides the aforementioned three would be Miskatonic University itself. Besides that I really can't see any other expansion with a playing board.

Any thoughts?

I think Innsmouth will be the grand finale for the big box expansions. I think that is also why they "snuck" Kingsport in first.

I am sure they will continue witht he small box expansions as long as there is demand and they can devote time to it.

Personally, I would like to see "stand alone" expansions after Innsmouth, similare to what War of the Ring did with the 3rd Ages expansion or A Storm of Swords did for A Game of Thrones. Basically, it would be a new game board, some new mechanics, but a completely different game that uses the base game parts (such as investigator tokens and items, etc.).

As much as I love AH, I just can't contain any more boards in my house. Obviously, I can continue to play each expansion separately, but there is enough material and replayablility to last my a very very long time.

ColtsFan76 said:

Obviously, I can continue to play each expansion separately, but there is enough material and replayablility to last my a very very long time.

That just means you're not playing enough AH lengua.gif !

Dam said:

ColtsFan76 said:

Obviously, I can continue to play each expansion separately, but there is enough material and replayablility to last my a very very long time.

That just means you're not playing enough AH lengua.gif !

True enough. But I have one of my other 300 games calling for my time as well. For me, once Innsmouth is out, there is enough here to keep my occupied with AH.

I guess potentially they could actually go into the other realms. Boards that visit the Platau of Leng and the dreamlands and build on encounters there but I suspect that Insmouth will be the final board.

As I am a newbie to Arkham Horror, having only gotten the game Christmas Day, and having played 3 games, 2 of which I won, I might like to say more and more Great Old Ones to fight.

ColtsFan76 said:

As much as I love AH, I just can't contain any more boards in my house. Obviously, I can continue to play each expansion separately, but there is enough material and replayablility to last my a very very long time.

You should invest in a larger house for the sake of Arkham Horror. happy.gif

well you know all that there i plenty of places used/created by H.P.L so imo it wont be last board :]

and here's list :

*from wikipedia*

Historical locations

• Binger in Caddo County, Oklahoma (The Mound)
  • Copp's Hill, Boston, Massachusetts
  • Red Line (MBTA)
  • Pawtuxet (now Cranston, Rhode Island)
  • Newburyport, Massachusetts
  • Ipswich, Massachusetts
  • Bolton, Massachusetts
  • Salem, Massachusetts
  • Many locations within his hometown of Providence, Rhode Island, including the (then purportedly haunted) Halsey House, Prospect Terrace, and Brown University's John Hay Library and John Carter Brown Library.
  • Danvers State Hospital, in Danvers, Massachusetts, which is largely believed to have served as inspiration for the infamous Arkham sanitarium from "The Thing on the Doorstep".
  • Catskill Mountains, New York
  • Fictional Central University Library in University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina. According to Lovecraft there is a copy of the Necronomicon here, but the University of Buenos Aires never had a central library

Fictional locations

• Arkham, Massachusetts
  • Dunwich, Massachusetts
  • Innsmouth, Massachusetts
  • Kingsport, Massachusetts
  • Aylesbury, Massachusetts

why not an Antarctica location? not sure how it would work but it would be fun to see.

Yog Sothothery said:

why not an Antarctica location? not sure how it would work but it would be fun to see.

I think the point is that while Antartica might be a great location or even Other World type space, it doesn't justify it's own board. Even the list with all the places is great, but few would justify a full board.

In addition, the pattern seems to be add 9~12 more locations on a board and add 2 more OW's. The OW deck is starting to get diluted to the point that most players, unless culling the deck, are drawing "Other" instead of specific places.

An expedition to the Arctic would probably be better served as just a small box expansion. Same with the Mountains of Madness and a few other prominent locations. Otherwise, an entirely new repl;acement board should be considered.