Expansion Tiles

By Royaldoy, in Blue Moon City

I guess I can start off the forum for BMC by asking the same question I asked over tat the older forums. Does anyone have the BMC expansion tiles for sale? I am not interested in the downloadable ones although those are quite helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I think there is a magazine with those tiles for sale, the name of the magazine is Spielbox

http://boardgamegeek.com/game/25766

Thanks for the link.

I recently got mine from Spielbox as well. Shipping can be a bit pricey for one magazine. But since two pairs of tiles are in two magazines each, along with some other expansion stuff I picked up, it made it worth the price.

Spielebox magazine is worth subscribing too as they now offer 'expansions' in each issue.

Cool stuff I've gotten include Carcassone Expansions, Mr Jack Carriage piece, St Petersburg Expansion, Blue Moon City tiles etc. Only issue is that some expansions will be in German (Agricola X deck) and the magazine is in German...but the pics in the magazine are worth the price of admission.

shawn_low said:

Spielebox magazine is worth subscribing too as they now offer 'expansions' in each issue.

Cool stuff I've gotten include Carcassone Expansions, Mr Jack Carriage piece, St Petersburg Expansion, Blue Moon City tiles etc. Only issue is that some expansions will be in German (Agricola X deck) and the magazine is in German...but the pics in the magazine are worth the price of admission.

And it can be an incentive to learn german. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I am sure I will eventually just print them out, but it would be really cool to have real tiles to use!

I finaly bit the bullet, not the "buying bullet" but the "make your own bullet." They turned out so well, you can't tell the difference between these and the real ones. It helps of course that I work in a print shop and have all the materials one needs. I'm so pleased with how they turned out that I won't be needing the official ones.

I do a lot of Print and Play games and making the 4 tiles was a quick little project and they do look nice. It makes the game better I think.

For those of you who have made your own expansion tiles. What is the preferred material? Cardboard from a box? Wood? Foamboard?

I use Illustration board. It has a good thickness to it and keeps its form very well. also when adding on the tile prints to front and back it is less then a millimeter off in thickness to the original tiles so it looks very good.

Fantastic. Thank you.

Xofour said:

For those of you who have made your own expansion tiles. What is the preferred material? Cardboard from a box? Wood? Foamboard?

Go to a FedEx Office and get 4 pieces of Chipboard and glue them to each other. Color copy the images and glue them to the pieces of chipboard. It makes them look virtually identical to the real thing. My wife couldn't tell the difference!

If you browse the Spielbox site, you may find another expansion or two you would be interested in, that way you can save on shipping.