Vehicle wrecks

By Jaime2, in Tide of Iron

I do not see any provision in the game made for vehicle wrecks. A destroyed vehicle should still exist on the battlefield as a wreck and should affect stacking and movement for other units. What do you think?

Something you could probably do for a home rule if you wanted but I tend to think of vehicles in a hex needing space to manuver hence you can't have too many in one area or they become unable to do that thing they do because of crowding. A wreck doesn't need to maneuver so it becomes a terrain feature.

That's my whole point to wrecks, they have an affect on stacking and movement of other units through that hex. Shouln't the aspect of realism overule any aspect of "ease of play?" I do not agree that a wreck merely becomes a "terrain feature," it is a burning hulk of a destroyed vehicle that legitimately affects vehicle and other unit movement.

jaime said:

Shouln't the aspect of realism overule any aspect of "ease of play?"

In short, the answer to your question is no. As others have pointed out in the past, this is a gateway game. It is not meant to be the end all be all of war gaming and realistic modeling of all things war game related. I'm sure there are plenty of other games out there that can and do provide more finite levels of detail.