A plastic Question...

By Brence, in Dust Tactics

Watched the video and what kinda bothered me was the fact that some models where actually showing bend weapons etc. I wonder thou if this is release quality or some "earlier"/prototype models they used. I know that the Big Red R had some problems with their plastic figs...bendy model syndrom to a rather rough amount so I wonder. So is anything known about the stuff FFG's gonna use for their figs?

I noticed this as well and it does concern me, especially if I was to fork out for a deluxe edition, if there will be such a set available to all that want it?

this is a concern, but I know from expierence that you can use a hair dryer to assist in bending some plastic back to or from its original pose

I noticed some "mold lines" on the figs as well. Specifically one of the Axis units hands (had up and pointing, with a mold line down the finger). Is this the norm, are the mold lines visible across both the grey and the green figs.

Are these figs FF normal soft plastic? I am just wondering if I will have primer issues with it or not.

I've had issues with primer sticking on FF's Descent and Conan figures and wanted to know how the Dust figures fare.

There is a topic on the old AT-43 forum about dealing with bent plastics.

http://en-forum.at-43.com/viewtopic.php?t=402

Jakews, you shouldn't have a primer issue as they are already primed.

Some of the AT-43 stuff is a bit hard to paint over depending on the paints & plastics. Some models were composed of several componets in different types of plastic.

I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of plastics, and this is one thing that bugged me when AT-43 first came out. Was one reason I went into Warmachine instead; I liked the weight of metal minis. Sorry for the public lamentation. Anyway, to ask again, can somebody with the minis in hand comment on the mold lines? For people who like to paint, the mold lines will make the priming somewhat pointless since they'll have to cut off the flash and re-prime.