Dark Deck: Slow Dark Slam.

By Choitz, in Gummi Garage

So I finally have time to sit down and type up one of these. 'N I certainly think this'll be fun to hear comments on the deck. So, here it is!

Player:
Dark Riku

Friends/levels:
1) Shadow x3
Bouncy Wild x3

2) Power Wild x2
Green Requiem x3

3) Barrel Spider x2
Large Body x3

4) Sea Neon x2
Screwdiver x3

5) Behemoth x1
Invisible x1
Aquatank x2
Crescendo x2

6) Darkball x3

7) Wizard x1
Parasite Cage x3

8) Jafar x1
Hades x1
Oogie Boogie x1
Maleficent x1
Battleship x1

9) Dragon Maleficent x1

Attack Cards:
Oblivion x1
Divine Rose x2

Magic Cards:
Cura x2
Fire x2
Gravity x2

World Cards:
Traverse Town lvl 2 x3
Traverse Town lvl 3 x3
Halloween Town lvl 3 x1

Total Cards: 57

While I know people have sat back 'n said that Dark Decks won't work very well, this one has been very effective in its runs, and has pissed off plenty of people I've played against. It's able to take on both Aggro decks and World Runner decks effectively. I've sat to think about the various problems that would come to pass (ie: Stealth Sneak, Behemoth, Parasite Cage, Darkside, Jacks [Yes, Jack is a problem for Dark Decks too], Hercs, Beasts, Simbas, Phil, Sebastion, Monstro lvl 1, etc.), and tried to figure out the different ways to make this deck as efficient as possible. I've found that once the ball starts rollin for this deck, it rolls and it rolls fast. Especially when Dragon Maleficent enters the fray (Jack lvl 3 + 5 card discarded = Lvl 1 Dragon Mal?? SWEET!! Instant friend zone!). There's a trick to the deck, though: one has to hold onto cards in order to get cards out.

Lemme know what ya think of it!

i too like to run the dark deck(cage lock FTW) and the only thing i might say about yours is the lage amounts of lvl8s and the few amounts of lvl6s i like to run a pyramid in my deck im just saying. and i also dont see a need for magic but tyhats just me

Battleship could be a Darkside. nabbing phils and such seems good to me.

I've known players who tend to play with certain cards that cause some of my cards to be somewhat useless (Phil 'n magic cards, Sebastion 'n attack cards, Winnie the Pooh 'n attack values, Kairi), so I tend to aim for them when I toss out the Cages just to make their effects null 'n void. And Hades, Maleficent, Oogie Boogie, 'n Jafar are there to take out the heavy hitters that people always commonly play (no Herc, no bounce. No Beast, no kill. No Jack, no easier targets for Herc 'n Beast. No Aladdin, no Genie smackdown). So far, Pan 'n Ariel aren't any problems against this deck, so no need for Hook 'n Ursula. 'N when I said Jack hurts dark decks? Yeah, Jack lvl 3 combined with Darkside really tends to clear out a good part of my field when played. I wanted to make certain that I had cards to play on my side of the field while there were cards that I'll be able to play on my opponent's worlds if he tried to do a World Runner deck. Aggro is easier to beat. Just outlive the wavestorm of attacks and rack up the worlds quickly. The only thing that I can't defend against with this deck is Monstro lvl 1. If there's worlds out already, I can prevent it from bein played, but once played, I have to improvise. It really is a fun deck!

You need more lvl 1's. Simply put Aggro Decks will waste Jack againist Dark Decks. Cage Bouncywild and Shadow and clear the field and it's game over.

look like a solid build. the only problem with world rushing with a dark character is stealth sneak. Its a forced retreat and a loss of all your characters to make you start all over again. especially since dark cards with great effects dont start until about level 5. Possible but not the way to go in my opinion. Overall the deck looks like it would be fun to play though :)