SoB Lt minitures

By shnar, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Just noticed on BGG a couple pics of the latest SoB minis:

pic767152_md.jpg

pic767127_md.jpg

These ones definitely look meatier than the last go round.

-shnar

These models are nice and LARGE! I got mine and there is a bit of modeling to be done on Darkwind and I found Soriss to be a little leaning to one side but again with some modelling you can correct this. I am hoping to get some pics up in the coming weeks of my completed pieces. But these are great minis and it would be cool to see Avatars get minis but I don't think the demand would be big enough for them. So I may end up looking for other minis from other model lines to represent when it comes to The Final Battle.

Thanks again to FFG for making these available!

Someone posted the glued together models:

pic770403_md.jpg

pic770404_md.jpg

I like the look of these guys. I liked what they did with the Kraken's tentacles but the main mouth was too small...

-shnar

Someone? lengua.gif

Nice! I had done the very same thing with my Darkwind. He really needs to be up on higher to see his face otherwise he almost looks to be leaning forward on the base and it makes him look crowded. By putting him on a "mountain peak" as it were it makes him more imposing as well.

Styfen said:

Someone? lengua.gif

Sorry, I usually go by Avatars and since I didn't recognize yours on BBG, I didn't stop to look at the name. I'll pay closer attention next time :D

-shnar

shnar said:

Styfen said:

Someone? lengua.gif

Sorry, I usually go by Avatars and since I didn't recognize yours on BBG, I didn't stop to look at the name. I'll pay closer attention next time :D

-shnar

No problem, I change my avatar every month and I only really post on BGG to upload pictures of painted miniatures (like for example t his one ) so I'd be surprised if you did recognise me by avatar. gran_risa.gif

Almost done painting these Lt's so pics will be forthcoming when I get the time to take them. But I really like the look of these pieces.