RTL Rule Book Conflict: Pages10 & 24

By any2cards, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

On page 10 of the RTL Rule Book, under Overlord Actions, it states as follows:

When the overlord acts during the game week, he may do two different types of actions; issues orders to his lieutenants, and purchase an upgrade. He may do these in any order, even purchasing an upgrade between issuing orders to different lieutenants .

On page 24 of the RTL Rule Book, the opening paragraph states:

The overlord may buy one (and only one) of the upgrades described below each game week using his XP. This occurs in the overlord actions game week step, after lieutenant actions have been carried out .

The above two statements appear to be mutually exclusive. Which statement takes precendence. I have searched the forums and the latest FAQ (3-18-2010) and do not see any ruling.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

any2cards said:

When the overlord acts during the game week, he may do two different types of actions; issues orders to his lieutenants, and purchase an upgrade. He may do these in any order, even purchasing an upgrade between issuing orders to different lieutenants .

The overlord may buy one (and only one) of the upgrades described below each game week using his XP. This occurs in the overlord actions game week step, after lieutenant actions have been carried out .

The above two statements appear to be mutually exclusive. Which statement takes precendence. I have searched the forums and the latest FAQ (3-18-2010) and do not see any ruling.

Yeah, its a long standing typo. I believe the consensus it to go with the rules on pg10 since those are the game week steps. Or at least, its my consensus.

Big Remy said:

any2cards said:

Yeah, its a long standing typo. I believe the consensus it to go with the rules on pg10 since those are the game week steps. Or at least, its my consensus.

+1
You have a timing reference explicitly in the timing sequence rules and you have a timing reference that actually references that timing sequence, but then gets it wrong, in the card description area. The timing sequence is 'rules', the card description stuff is just generally describing things.