Adventure opinion...

By dvang, in Journey to Black Fire Pass

I'm not going to spoil it. However, I just picked up the adventure to prep for this weekend. I read through it last night and I think it is pretty amazing, especially for a "demo" adventure.

Honestly, it makes the first demo look pretty lackluster. That's not to say that was a bad demo adventure at all, it did what it needed to and was fun ...

No, really, it is because this is a FULL adventure, with lots of backstory, several chances for fights as well as several social interactions, all with good detail for the GM. Fret not, though, FFG gives GMs tips in the adventure on places to cut or skip should time be getting low. Excellent!

If you haven't signed up or planned to attend this demo ... DO SO! It should really rock! (get it? dwarfs... rock... gran_risa.gif )

Huzzah! Glad you liked it!

I just wish I could get my hands on it; my store's got two GMs for it, and the other managed to grab it first!

Good to hear it's better than "A Day Late...". Should be fun to run (even if I'm learning it on the spot)!

dvang,

Are you going to run this adventure at Guardian Games on Saturday? I checked their calender and it doesn't show any information for the Journey to Black Fire Pass event.

I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but you ran me and a group of my friends through the initial demo back in November and did an excellent job (we all had a blast). I'd love to sit in on a second demo if you're the GM (or just watch if the table is full).

Sincerely,

Matt

Good to hear. Hopefully we'll get a PDF version pretty soon for those of us not willing to drive 5 hours to the nearest location.

I'm hoping there's an official PDF up Monday, but it's more likely to take a little while I suppose.

will there be a pdf to print out the characters?

the adventure looks very good, and it seems that adventure design has matured since the first demo. love the skills checks, the event tracking suggestions, and the social combat.

@ Yipe: Yes, I am running 2 sessions at Guardian Games on Sat. 1pm and 5pm. I expect it will take 3-4 hours to run, as I would really like to not skip anything if I can help it. Hmm... it's not on the new website calendar, but it is on the old one. The old GG calendar show 12pm - 5 pm, which is incorrect however (although I expect I'll be there around 12-12:30 to setup).

I totally agree - I think this 'demo' adventure puts the previous one to shame!! This is an awesome Con session type story and I can't wait for this weekend to run it! =)

My only fear - explaining the abstract range to folks easily....any suggestions on that? =D

Do you think the adventure would fit between Eye for and Eye and Gathering Storm? Are the pregenerated characters crucial for the story or is it easy to run with your own group of adventurers without too much modding?

Cheers!

No, it's a completely separate and self-contained storyline. You pretty much need the PCs from the demo to run the demo, or else the motivations and interactions will be odd.

Oh great, a really godd demo adventure with a new career and not even one of my FLGS is taking part in this event.

FFG please make the pdf version very soon so we all can enjoy this demo, new career and those amazing news about upcoming products.