Next installment

By AMBusam, in 6. AGoT Spoiler Space

It's been almost a year since Martin updated his progress of 'Dance with Dragons'... anyone placing any bets on when we might actually see this volume?

turn of the century

Last time I logged on to Amazon.com, ADWD came up as a recommendation. Clicked on it and a pre-order date of 09/29/09 came up. Previously, it was just listed as unavailable. Think this means something is moving finally? Didn't see a corresponding notic on GRRM's page, however. So it may just be wishful thinking ont eh publisher's part.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553801473/ref=s9_sdps_c2_s3_p14_i1

If you check his "Not a Blog" section, he gives some hints.. it seems like he is nearly done, but obviously no guarantees of that.

One of my more gullible friends fell for Mr Martins April fools day prank! Martin announced he was bringing someone in to finish the book and it would be done in three months or so.....appearently this author is just as slow or slower than George which i bet ammused Mr Martin!

Martin has always said in his "Not a Blog" that any release dates given before he actually announces that the book is finished are completely made up. Amazon has probably made an "educated guess" about a time when they are hoping it will come out, but don't put money on it.

If we see the book before the end of the year, I will be ecstatic.

We've got a date!

According to GRRM's website, A dance with dragons will be in stores July 12, 2011.

but he also says he hasn't finished writing the thing.

Bit weird if you ask me.

Basically he said that if HBO spend a season on the first book, a season on the second, two seasons on the third and three seasons on the fourth and fifth he can keep up with them as he publishes. So thats 7 years, hopefully by 2018 the series will be done then?

On the other hand Feast, published in 2005, had that quaint little post script at the end that said "hopefully Ill have Dance done by next year" so... yeah... Maybe Turn of the Century is more realistic >.>