Epic Scenario - The Manticore's Breed

By Morthai, in Descent Home Brews

Requiring RtL components will limit your audience to people who decided (at some time) that they'd rather play the advanced campaign than normal quests. This is a normal quest. That seems less than ideal.

It doesn't look like you're using very many RtL tiles; if this were my quest, I'd try to eliminate them.

On the other hand, if this is mostly for you and your friends, you may not care how many other people play it.

Yea I focus completely on the vanilla sets and I have all of them now. But I don't have RtL and I don't think I ever will... (due to super long commitment time)

P.S: My game shop delivered my descent expansions really late, and he compensated me by giving me a FREE rtl lieutenant model. **** clever of him, since it'll make me rethink to buy the RtL set too....

Yeah would be a nice idea to elimate the RtF components.... (at least 1 will be nessesary to bring the 2. entrance into play if i remember correctly) although i would need to figure out which of my RL pieces they are... because i usually create the full map in Reallife first and then on the pc...

pict0050h.jpg

pict0052z.jpg

yeah didnt found time yet to paint the minis ^^"

Additionally you could split the scenario into 2 pieces featureing area 1-5 as the 1. part and featuring area 6-13 as a second part which simply keeps the Equipment of the heroes but reset the overlord deck or something similar to cut the timeframe.

But what do you think about the ruleset of the scenario and the basic ideas?

Cool dungeon! But some of its RTL-components seem to have no game effect. Or what is the use of the evil altar or the summoning circle?

I think those trolls that are aiming in all their attacks are too powerful.

I really like the effect of your good altar. I think you could add some more of these good altars in some other rooms.

Hmm in my first version the summoning altar/circle conjured the dragon for a sacrifice of five lifepoints of both manticores (you could use that as a additional rule) but atm they are just a visual addon.

Hmmm more good altairs in the evil dwelling ... I think the place is alrdy really crowded so more objects would rather hurt the gamefeeling than help the heroes(dont forget that theoretically you could leave behind a hero at the 1. altair to activate it over and over again ... but nobody would do that i think ^^)

If you want add more altairs for your run, feel free to do so ^^ its just a concept of a map not a ultimate version... how a good player said to me: descent homebrews are about fun so feel free to do anything you want with it! :)

Nice idea, using the indoor and outdoor tiles to create a scenario like this. I won't play it for the simple reason that I don't own Tomb of Ice, but the concept looks promising. :)