Looks cool, but more info please

By bitva, in Dragonheart

I was surprized to find this game in the board game forums. From what I read, I assumed it would be a silverline/card game, not a board game. Definitely interested, but need more info to get excited. This and Constantinople aren't really giving up too many secrets about themselves, but hope both will be available at GenCon.

FFG was pretty quiet about battles of Napoleon, this and Constantinopolis seem to be getting the same treatment.

You can play it online at www.Brettspielwelt.de

I have been tempted to play it on Brettspiele, but decided to wait until I had a physical copy. Having English rules helped a lot too.

Is this game any good? It looks faintly interesting.

sounds like a great game , i'm tempted .

A friend and I had been playing Warhammer: Invasion , which we were enjoying although my friend would often try and play invalid cards due to the complexity rather than a desire to cheat. This week we started playing Dragonheart and already my friend is hooked. "Very addictive," he described it and is going to buy his own copy.

Quick to learn, quick to play and despite the game being so simple we find it can get pretty tense. Trying to develop some sort of plan when you have no idea which cards your opponent has in their hand, and no telling what you'll draw at the end of your turn adds to the fun. You may be waiting to play a card to nab a load of points and bam! Your opponent plays the card first and grabs the loot. Today I was desperate for a couple of ships to end the game early*, but my deck was against me - until at the last moment.

And it does seem strange it's not a Silver Line game as it seems to fit the criteria - The Lord of the Rings sounds more complex.

*If you're in the lead, or think you're in the lead, you can try and bring the game to a close before the cards run out.