Holy cannonball, the box is ENORMOUS

By bitva, in Battles of Napoleon

Boy was I shocked yesterday when my copy came. I didn't know why the shipping box was so large... until I opened up and saw how HUGE Battles of Napoleon is! The images of the cover and pictures of the box didn't hint at this behemoth mass. Now I understand the price. Now... how will I get this on my shelf? Since this is being marketed as a system, I wonder what we can expect from expansions, and how much space they will take up as well.

So I'm guessing its the same size box they use for Starcraft, WoW:TBG, Descent, TI3, Runewars, etc?

It might have the same amount of overall space as the typical FFG coffin-shape big box, but the shape is very different. Not quite as tall as a coffin box, and not quite as long, but about half again as wide! Also of note is that there is no FFG logo printed on the box as there is for other Nexus games such as War of the Ring and Age of Conan. Rather, the only sight of an FFG logo is on the bottom of the box, and it's on a sticker next to the bar code (which is also a sticker). The box description on the back is printed in many languages, so FFG probably didn't need to produce their own box.

Ah. That makes sense then.