Replacement Bases

By Felrik, in Wings of War (WWI)

So... horror among horrors. I lent my collection of kites to a buddy who left them on the rear deck of a car on a particularly sunny day. The plastic winged models are completely boned, however my metal winged models are just fine. Short of the clear bases, which are all warped and useless. I've thought about cutting, drilling, and painting some lexan myself... but if its possible to just purchase replacement bases I'd most likely just do that. I've seen the litko bases, has anyone purchased/used them? Any feedback or suggestions? My thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear about your horror story!

You might want to take a look at the products offered from Wings of War Aerodrome in their Aerodrome Accessories line (link to the store at the top of the page on that site).

Good luck,

Keith

Felrik said:

So... horror among horrors. I lent my collection of kites to a buddy who left them on the rear deck of a car on a particularly sunny day. The plastic winged models are completely boned, however my metal winged models are just fine. Short of the clear bases, which are all warped and useless. I've thought about cutting, drilling, and painting some lexan myself... but if its possible to just purchase replacement bases I'd most likely just do that. I've seen the litko bases, has anyone purchased/used them? Any feedback or suggestions? My thanks in advance.

A line from _Conspiracy_ pops to mind:

"Itemize the cost. *He* pays. Make out a separate report to me. And *keep him where I don't see him*."

Talk about self promotion Keith...

He asked about replacement bases, and I pointed out another option for him. I don't really see what is wrong with that?

Have you seen the bases? They are great replacements. Must be hard to keep in stock.....

I have a few of the aeordrome accessories bases and would recommend them with no problem what so ever.

But again here is a market for Nexus/Fantasy flight to sell bases and flight pegs for not only the minis but the balloons & forthcoming bombers.

If they are not going to give what the customer wants, more aircraft, the least they could do is offer the base , no pun, items so more players will be interested to take up the game as minmitures are available from different sources.

In my humble opinion having these items available would bring in more people to the miniatures side. The flight pegs themselves are like the proverbial rocking horse droppings.

I agree I believe there is an opportunity to support the hobbiest and keen gamer. There is a market for additional bases , pilot figures and a lot more. Shame the players appetite is not being fulfiled. At least the Aerodome is giving hobbiests some of what they need to continue this great game.