Help with the Descent exclusive character

By bitva, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and hunt down this guy. That'll teach me to be broke and not go to Gencon. Anyway, some questions I would appreciate help with:

What is the character's name?

Was his character card released by FFG yet?

What is the average asking price/a fair price to expect to pay for him on the secondary market?

If the cards were not released yet, would I be eligible to get one from FFG upon release if I had gotten the figure from, say, Ebay?

If the cards were released already, and I end up with a figure without one, am I still able to get one from FFG later?

Has anyone gotten the figure and used him in a game or two yet? How did you like him?

Thanks again for any info!

Ditto.

I'd like to know much of the same.

Name is Nara the Fang:

Courtesy of BoardGameGeek:

Nara the Fang

Max wounds: 12
Max fatigue: 4
Base armor: 2
Speed: 4

Traits: Melee 3 dice

Hero ability: Enemy figures damaged by one of Nara's attacks suffer 1 extra for each space they occupy beyond the first.

Fighting skills: 2
Subterfuge skills: 1
Wizardry skills: 0

Conquest value: 4

Likewise, I keep looking on Ebay, but nothing pops up.

Exclusive content like this kind of urks me, I am a completionist, I like having all the little bits, even if I neve use them. And there being one little thing out there that I don't have... Drives me nuts :P

Apart from not having the figure for him, there's nothing stopping you from using him in a game seeing as his stats are all over the intrawub. You could use the Hero creator.xls sheet to make him, and then photoshop the rest in, including his picture if you really want to.

At this point, the only really exclusive part of him is the actual figure and an official card.

Big Remy said:

At this point, the only really exclusive part of him is the actual figure and an official card.

But those are the important parts!

Dribbler said:

Big Remy said:

But those are the important parts!

HaHa! I used to be the same way, now I'm a little more laid back on it. But yeah, it would be nice if they made it available to people who have no way to get to a Con, like myself. I doubt I'll ever make it to one in my lifetime. But its mainly the figure, I could make a almost perfect duplicate of the card if I tried.

Big Remy said:

But its mainly the figure, I could make a almost perfect duplicate of the card if I tried.

Oh crap! Now why didn't I think of that!

Acolyte Rivan said:

Big Remy said:

But its mainly the figure, I could make a almost perfect duplicate of the card if I tried.

Oh crap! Now why didn't I think of that!

I'm surprised you didn't. You're like the King of Descent Mods.

In the time it took to respond to the post about Boggs and this one, she is done.

Acolyte Rivan said:

In the time it took to respond to the post about Boggs and this one, she is done.

HAHA! To borrow from Bruce Campbell: "Hail to the King!"

You should do a test, post a pic of the actual card and your version and see who can tell the difference.

Given that the original is in German, I don't think it would be that hard gran_risa.gif .

But here's a nice and clean Acolyte Rivan card by comparison.

acolyterivanbigsml.jpg

Really? The character's not even available on the secondary market? I've been pretty upset with FFG for making a board game exclusive, especially for Descent, but decided to break down and buy it second hand. I got into board games expressly to avoid this sort of nonsense. I can only hope FFG realizes their error and makes this character available in a future set, or at least incorporates him into Runebound so we can have the figure. Sure, I can use some other figure, but I want all my pieces to be consistent with each other.