Thinking of giving it a go

By Aussie_Digger2, in Warrior Knights

I have been reading a little on this game for a while, i am interested in the setting of this game, and like the sound of other things apart from battle being involved as well. Now i normally play Tide of iron, wings of war and axis and allies (boardgame) do you think i would enjoy this game. Oh and the other thing im not really into games that involve magic and things like that, is this game set in the real world? with "real" things taking place?

Aussie_Digger said:

I have been reading a little on this game for a while, i am interested in the setting of this game, and like the sound of other things apart from battle being involved as well. Now i normally play Tide of iron, wings of war and axis and allies (boardgame) do you think i would enjoy this game. Oh and the other thing im not really into games that involve magic and things like that, is this game set in the real world? with "real" things taking place?

Warrior Knights is different from the games you mentioned, but I play all of them except Tide of Iron and I enjoy this game.

This game does not involve magic and all events are within the realm of possiblity for a medieval world. The only sketchy part of that is the role of Faith tokens and how the Head of the Church determines who receives event cards (before they are read). A player familiar with the Roman Catholic Church's claim to be a source of divine/supernatural power may consider this mechanic to be "magical" in some sense. I would have a harder time playing this game if the mechanics of the game gave the Catholic Church the power over fate. I suppose a naturalistic justification for this would be the cultural influence of the Catholic Church in the medieval world in regard to the location of educational centers, monastic hospitals, the number of physicians who were clerics, and the psychological effects of believing in a "greater cause" behind events that one is a part of. I find it very probable that the blessing of the Catholic Church would increase the likelihood of success for a mission, due to the fact that more resources, manpower, and energy would be committed to it. I consider the Faith tokens in the game to be indicators of a faction's connection to the Church, not the amount of religious belief that the faction has, and so I do not consider their effects in the game to be "magical" in any sense.