Grimm Monster Book: Brainstorming

By The Gremlin, in Grimm RPG

The Alchemist said:

RED_RONIN47 said:

WOW! wait....is that in the book. Or did you make that up. I hope you did...cause ive been looking though the book and never found it. So i hope im not going crazy.

Well if you did make it up. I like it alot. That would really work. Thanks.

As far as I know, I made that up. It's also possible that I read this somewhere and my subconscious saw fit to put it in my mind as my own idea, though. Stranger things have happened. But if you ask me, I think I made it up.

RED_RONIN47 said:

Well moving on back to the main topic of this Forum.

So gremlins as monsters? I think that can work. Gremlins are everywhere causing havoc.

Passive aggressive much?

UGH!......

So i was thinking more about monsters? The greatest monsters a person could face would be something the players create. So in order to do this would be get the players to talk about the inner minds of their characters. What are their fears, ticks, makes them sick, makes them quiver?

After you find that out, create a monster that would bring forth that experiance to the characters in the story.

Golems. Dwarves have employed them for centuries, constructing them out of earthen materials and enchanting them with the gift of life, or as close to life as can be achieved. The golems were used and created when dwarves got tired of their shortcomings and need something much larger to help in their efforts unearthing precious minerals.

Christopher Robin!

Alright i was thinking that Christopher Robin found himself lost in the world of grimm. Over there years he has now grown up to be like in his late teens....lets say 16 or 17. Christopher has developed a strong power of imagination. His favorite stuffed animals have grown to life as his servants causing havoc and blood shed to help their master.

This idea would require winnie the pooh and friends to be also enemies in the game.

RED_RONIN47 said:

Christopher Robin!

Alright i was thinking that Christopher Robin found himself lost in the world of grimm. Over there years he has now grown up to be like in his late teens....lets say 16 or 17. Christopher has developed a strong power of imagination. His favorite stuffed animals have grown to life as his servants causing havoc and blood shed to help their master.

This idea would require winnie the pooh and friends to be also enemies in the game.

HAH! Awesome, there is so much you could do with this as far as all the movies go and quirky episodes. The only thing I really remember about winnie the pooh was the heffalumps. Those would be pretty neat to make nasty, grimm monsters.

The Gremlin said:

RED_RONIN47 said:

Well moving on back to the main topic of this Forum.

So gremlins as monsters? I think that can work. Gremlins are everywhere causing havoc.

Technically, we were discussing Grimm, just in a roundabout way. Still, carry on.

Passive aggressive much?

I can be actively aggressive if you prefer? You remind me of a rule lawyer that was on the Arkham forums named Kroen. He had amazing ideas, but his selfishness and arguing got to the point of everyone ignoring his posts and ideas. All I was stating, is that we all perceive the world of Grimm differently. You choose to go by exactly what is in the book. Technically you are correct in how the world of Grimm should look, feel, and the system it should follow, SO I used you specifically in my example. It wasn't an insult at all. I am the same with Exalted. With 5000+ pages of lore I can't get it wrong....sadly this results in less plays because my nose is in the Exalted books so much.

"You better to check yourself before you wreck yourself" gui%C3%B1o.gif

the_hangover_movie_image_zach_galifianak

While not a direct insult, it was an unnecessary comment which implies that I am wrong. I may be, but the debate had no importance and it irritated me that you would bring it up again. I've noticed in that last few days that a lot of people have been flaming me for minor issues (most notably the 101 Rewards thread). I'm not saying you're flaming, but a lot of people seem to have a bone to pick with me, even though besides the post you quoted I had never shown the least sign of aggression. It's a bit confusing. I'd prefer to this subject.

Let the past be. Move on to the future. On with the show. or in this case....On with the topic.

Alright, so laughmask.....I was thinking about taking contents from the original book. Winnie the pooh was a book way before it was cartoon. As noted on a different forum, I for one dont see cartoons being able to be used for this game. BUT.....and thats a big BUT....only if the game was set in a world with cartoons....Like Kingdom hearts. If that is the main plot, theme and setting. Then yes a cartoon world would work.

Alright back to winnie the pooh. I never read that much of the book. I was to young and wasnt that interested when i did. But im not sure if the Heffalumps are in the book. Just like the gopher and........possiably the owl.

Hey was there any agreement about adding Captain hook, Long John Silver, And Captain Ahab as a major villian in the game. I had mentioned them just never got any input on it.

I think I read maybe one of the winnie the pooh books. But I agree, for me cartoons seem to be a different...feel I guess for grimm. Just my opinion though, I have no idea if the books really even differ from the cartoon for winnie the pooh. As far as the pirates, I've already got Captain Hook in my game (although I wanted to use one of the books suggestions of making the good guy the bad guy and the bad guy the good guy, so Hook is working with an underground resistance group against Humpty). I was actually thinking about Moby **** and Captain Ahab and what kind of adventure that would be, especially if you took a Pinocchio path where the kids go inside Moby **** and it's almost like another world.

I still hold that anything childish can be twisted. That said, I hated the show, so I'm not complaining here (though I don't know much of the books, so excuse my ignorance).
Here's my idea for Eeyore: He was chased off by the others because he was ruining their gruesome fun with his depressed attitude. Now he dwells in a small shack in the Hundred Acre Wood, and none (including his fellows)dare approach, for he is very powerful. Any who come within a quarter-mile of him suffer extreme sadness, which gets worse and worse as they get closer. A difficult Pluck test is required to beat it back, though some well-placed Imagination can go a long way.

If the children manage to make it into the shack, though, they will meet the donkey (who will quell his effect as they enter). He is rather insane (and not unlike the Cheshire Cat, though the two actually are big rivals), but may be willing to help the children get out of the Wood (and may give them a clue on the road to Babylon). There are two possible prices: If they can cheer him up (extremely difficult, and quite unlike the Fearless King), or if they can dispel his brothers.

That's all I have right now, but I may add more later.

Haha that made me chuckle a bit - very original. Eeyore was always my favorite simply because of the depressed attitude. But what did you mean by "dispel his brothers"? Does he have siblings that have been cursed or something? I'm guessing the Hundred Acre Woods (sounds so intimidating sorpresa.gif ) would be like the Great and Awful Forest?

Laughmask said:

Haha that made me chuckle a bit - very original. Eeyore was always my favorite simply because of the depressed attitude. But what did you mean by "dispel his brothers"? Does he have siblings that have been cursed or something? I'm guessing the Hundred Acre Woods (sounds so intimidating sorpresa.gif ) would be like the Great and Awful Forest?

And I think the HAW should be right in the centre of the GaAF. I don't know why, it just seems to fit.

The Little Engine That Could, a sentient steam engine built by Serge, today it remains as his greatest masterpiece. It is used to deliver the precious ores and material required for building his intricate contraptions, but this choo-choo train doesn't run off of steam or coal. It relies on burning the bodies of small children lost or captured in the Grimm Lands as its own special fuel.

Little Bunny Foo Foo...'nuff said

Whywolves. Wolves that have a great curiosity, and a greater appetite for the sweet flesh of innocent children

Jack is deathless and cannot be defeated permanently, but without the coal he will be devoid of most power and relatively harmless.

Onlinesbi TutuApp AppValley

Edited by nafisjedriel