Mike Z's Doomedit?

By FoxPhoenix135, in Doom

Anybody know where I can get it? It seems to have disappeared from the WWW.

Alternatively, I have tileset. Is it basically the same? If it is, I won't sweat finding doomedit.

FoxPhoenix135 said:

Anybody know where I can get it? It seems to have disappeared from the WWW.

Alternatively, I have tileset. Is it basically the same? If it is, I won't sweat finding doomedit.

Tile System, you mean?

I never used Mike's Doomedit myself, but Tile System is everything I ever needed in a Doom scenario editor and then some (since it can easily be expanded for use with just about any tile-based game.) I recommend sticking with that one.

Mike Z's editor wasn't bad, and had a lot of nice formatting options for printing the scenario and area descriptions (where-as TileSystem you really need to do it all in Word). However, Mike's editor wasn't easily expandable. TileSystem is so incredibly easy to add custom tiles that it's the only editor I use. Also, fans are constantly putting out fresh new tiles for the program, and you could even use it to create non-Doom stuff, like say Betrayal At House On The Hill.

-shnar

Yes, Tile System is what I meant. I use it for space hulk as well, so you guys are spot on on its adaptability. I guess I won't worry about Mike's editor then. Thanks for the quick replies! I thought this forum might be dead.

While the game is not supported, us gamers still love the game and want it to grow! TileSystem is an excellent way to continue to produce custom missions for further gaming. The next obstacle is to get these custom missions to the general public. I /do/ want to create a compendium of sorts, just so much on my plate (still need to finish And Hell Followed: Doom The Advanced Campaign) not sure when I'll ever get to it :P

-shnar

shnar said:

While the game is not supported, us gamers still love the game and want it to grow! TileSystem is an excellent way to continue to produce custom missions for further gaming. The next obstacle is to get these custom missions to the general public. I /do/ want to create a compendium of sorts, just so much on my plate (still need to finish And Hell Followed: Doom The Advanced Campaign) not sure when I'll ever get to it :P

-shnar

Well, it looks like I'm going to have some free time on my hands in the next couple of weeks, maybe I'll start compiling such a list to share with the community. I don't know much about official "digital publishing" like makes pdfs or anything, but I can certainly compile a list of scenarios and download points. Maybe zip everything up into one huge file =)

To that end, if anyone has any favourites to share, please feel free to send a link my way in PM or whatever. Maybe I'll start a thread.

That's the first step! If you can get a zip together of the "good" missions, then when I have time, I can reedit them into a more "pleasing" format (so it's not just a bunch of JPGs/DOCs/TXTs/etc but rather a compiled "book" PDF).

-shnar

I got Mike Z's Doomedit zipped up for e-mailing, I had someone ask me for it earlier in the year. It's still available if anyone wants it.

Would it be possible to have it sent? I'd like to try it.

Email: [email protected]

Alright I'll get it packed and sent, anyone else want it?

I'm sorry but there's something wrong with the e-mail you posted. Can you double check?

Yeah I would appreciate the chance to see the difference between it and the tile program.

[email protected]

You're a futuristic gamer aren't you? Your top 5 got something in common.

Futuristic gamer? Perhaps, but really all other games in my top 5 relate to 40k, which is why I have them. Doom is just a trip of nostalgia for me... many long hours as a kid, playing on my old 486 computer, immediately after my fascination with Wolfenstein ebbed.

I guess you could call me a sci-fi / futuristic gamer, as my other miniature games include Battletech, Vor, and so on. The only historical game I ever played was Flames of War, but I lost interest in that because of the local player base. I've never had much interest in fantasy games and rpgs... maybe its the stigma given to DnD players when I was in school...

I would also like it: Please send it to [email protected].

Just remember if you have any problems with it, tell me in here and I'll re-send or maybe even re-zip the doomedit.

Knuckles Eki said:

Just remember if you have any problems with it, tell me in here and I'll re-send or maybe even re-zip the doomedit.

Eki, is there any chance that you could send ziped Mike Z's Doomedit also on my e-mail ?

same than upper, please:

grimlord2000 gmail

Lot of thanks

Hi every one. It is still possible after such a long time that anyone could send me the Doomedit. I have search so many Days for a Editor or the Doom Tiles for the Tile System, but all Links are Dead :(

If somebody read this, please HELP!!!

my Email: [email protected]

Thanks and greetings from Germany.

Edited by BoardLoverz

Could anyone mail me the files?

[email protected]

Thanks!

Me too, me too!

Lost my Tile System exe and none of the links I find is working.

If anyone could share with me, I would be really thankful.

[email protected]

Edited by ChrisKlemz