Questions/observations...

By spiral8, in Hollow Bastion

Hey everyone!

I just recently discovered that this game existed and being an avid TCG gamer and Kingdom Hearts fan I had some questions and observations about the game. First, I watched through the online tutorial and noticed that there are some striking similarities to other TCG's out there. I noticed that the gameplay of visiting other worlds and facing obstacle in those worlds is pretty much like the Stargate TCG, and the draw/discard phases are exactly like Lord of the Rings TCG. Though I really haven't seen anything like the challenge phase before, though the Naruto TCG battle phase comes close to this mechanic...anyway, all that being said, I really don't like the whole going to different worlds and battling monsters phase because it's kind of boring. Though I do love the draw mechanic because it opens up alot of options for deck building. And I think the challenege phase also looks really interesting.

Anyway, here are my questions;

First, with the draw mechanic being the way it is, I imagine 60 card decks are the way to go, and not smaller decks, right?

Second, how playable is this game right out of the box? If anyone has ever played World of Warcraft TCG they'll know that the game is completely unplayable with just opening 1 booster box as you simply won't be able to construct a deck with the cards you get...

And finally, how tough are the Super Rares to pull? How many do you get in a box? Which ones are the best ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1) No, actually smaller decks are usually better.

2) A starter deck can get you going, a box could definately get you going.

3) Super Rares are usually just holo versions of rares. SRU's though it's supposed to be a 1:6 chance. depends on you're play style as to which are the best Cloud is better in the Racer and Sephiroth in the Aggro. In my opinion, now that stopra is easily blocked The Don is better with the Racer and The Goof in Aggro.

1. Deck sizes aren't that relevant: running 41 may be somewhat better than running 60 in the sense of getting certain cards, but then again running more good cards in a format that allows for so much draw is just as good at least, so... it's a preference thing, really.

2. You would honestly need to rip a booster box, maybe even 2, before you had a viable deck. Starter's will not do a **** thing for you.

3. Unfortunately, a large part of the "Good card" pool in KH is the chase rares, calles SRU. They only come foil, and the chances of a foil are 1 in 3, SRU is obviously higher than that (1 in 6 or 1 in 9 sounds right, not sure). And these chase cards are usually the best cards (like Ultima Weapon, Donald 4, Goofy 4, King Triton, C&D, Dragon Maleficent, Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, The King, etc.) making building a top-tier deck very difficult without them. There are also Promos, but due to power creep, only a select few promos are worth getting a hold of (Unless you just like the card).