Fighting Cordelia?

By SH4DOWSL4Y3R, in Anima: Tactics

hey, just wondering if there is any useful tactics for fighting a team that includes cordelia. i use a wissenchaft team and i'm relatively new to the game, having only played 2 matches.

And if you were wondering, the person i will be playing against doesn't use wissenchaft, but has still decided to buy Cordelia anyway. which of course slightly annoys me since i'm gonna end up painting his one as well as one of my own. (also because he's getting one of the models i planned to get before i do)

i suppose it makes a lot of sense to actually let you know which characters i have as well.

i am currently in possession of: XII, Lorenzo, Rayne, Celia, Alessa Raincross and by the time my friend gets cordelia, i will have a goethia as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Easiest way to fight Cordelia

Get another figure within 8" of her the stealth rules state you can not become hidden if your inside a Control Zone. This applies to her special abilities as well.

I find most people place her in an extreme sniping position, usually on some piece of elevated terrain with little or no room to move from if another character closes. She usually fies pretty quickly once she has been found.

- Raith

I had a similar problem but you need to know that cordealia has some powerful weaknesses that you cn take advantage of.

-Slow movement

-Lacks in AP when 8/10 to a enemy model]

-Can't shoot through walls

-Low HP

-Low combat skills

Sniping her from a long distance with Janiel and her hawk just doesn't work, along with Nue and cover its really difficult to spot her.

The best way is to get close and personal, some really good tactics would be for different factions

-Samael

*Teleport with yuki(3 AP) dodge the AOE and shoot the hell out of her with Dinah/charge with nahiman or kairos

*Just get near with a prowler Takanosuke/Momiji

*Screen units with an ignis, it works well againts wissenshaft pincer tactics(coral ecstasy on ignis might help)

*If high use an agent, don't bother with altius because it has a medium base and you probably won't be able to place him near cordelia if he chrges her elevated position

Church

*for small games mirror Evngeline with luzbell put vision and charge with someone or evangeline (works wonders as Eva has sheild , heal and kicks ass better than cordelia

*for bigger games take the dmg and negate it with astraega + run with Damien

*posses with Eleinai when fighting aginst Gears, Legacy of solomon just trembles and grimmorum just pisses his pants(the pilot)

Azur

*Any azur tactic infiltration with high initiative, very anti wissenshaft faction

Empire

*Shell formation with Macbeth & liliana

*Iosara or vayl, pretty self-explained

Wanderer

*takanosuke

*three dragons with their anti range properties

Unless he's doing something diabolical like using Sophia and Destiny to take her shot, just Dodge. Throw your 10 Def characters out front. If he starts running her unstealthed to do her AoE every turn just make sure not to leave any big obvious gaps (three people in b2b with one fig and a Def 8 that's out of AP would be an example). She's not bad on her own but she won't exactly end the world. Sometimes based on positioning you can just ignore her and know that since she won't be in the front line, your front line can be a bit stronger.

Edit: And an FYI from my experience, Goethia isn't worth it. Grimorium, however, is amazing. If you run two side by side up the field they make their own flank and it's actually impossible for the opponent to drop both in a turn with any level of decent maneuvering since he has the rest of your team to worry about as well. Goethia just seems to lack any real damage output and have horrible accuracy.

Cannerus said:

Unless he's doing something diabolical like using Sophia and Destiny to take her shot, just Dodge. Throw your 10 Def characters out front. If he starts running her unstealthed to do her AoE every turn just make sure not to leave any big obvious gaps (three people in b2b with one fig and a Def 8 that's out of AP would be an example). She's not bad on her own but she won't exactly end the world. Sometimes based on positioning you can just ignore her and know that since she won't be in the front line, your front line can be a bit stronger.

Edit: And an FYI from my experience, Goethia isn't worth it. Grimorium, however, is amazing. If you run two side by side up the field they make their own flank and it's actually impossible for the opponent to both in a turn with any level of decent maneuvering since he has the rest of your team to worry about as well. Goethia just seems to lack any real damage output and have horrible accuracy.

I disagree goethia is an awsome character

She isn't doing much for her points but think of her as a strong support character. One of her attacks with targests 4 characters isn't doing a lot of dmg, but its tht kind of attack that makes you want to spend an action point + her AD can hide her behinde a mountain or other kind of terrain far form the main battle making it hard to get for most characters in the game + gears are really durable.

i was considering a couple grimorium later on in the year anyway, when i can scab them as gifts for either christmas or my birthday. besides that, i don't mind either of them, they both seem good in their own way. thank you everyone for your great advice on playing a wissenchaft, although if anyone else has some tips i would appreciate it.

Stick with only one grimmorum and wait till september for the megaHirozord Teurgia. It will probbly be as effective as grimmorum and you will have no doubling minis in your army. Of course if you really like how grimm looks there is no reason to buy him twice

yeah, you do have a point, is the megahirozord theurgia the one in the coming soon section under the name of M.K Theurgia?

Yes he is going to be released in september , also its worth to mention that Legacy of Solomon will be released next month along with wanderers.

thanks for the info on that Grandmikus, and thanks to everyone for their opinions and advice. i'll probably find a way to employ most of all of your suggestions when i have the chance.

Grandmikus said:

Yes he is going to be released in september , also its worth to mention that Legacy of Solomon will be released next month along with wanderers.

Legacy has been pushed back to god knows when.

uh even further :/ I hope there will be no saga IV before morrigan. This would be a dagger put into Samael players hearts