RULES!

By Toolian, in Battles of Westeros

OMFG RULES!!!!

WOOOOOO!

Skimmed all the way through already and read the skirmish rules those look great and quite likely could be my favored way to play once I get through the fixed scenarios.

I like A Song of Fire and Ice and Iike Battlelore. However, I think the game would have been better served with rules more similar to Tide of Iron than Battlelore. But, I like more details.

At last! Now I feel that BoW is finally very near to being available. I had almost given up! Probably like most of you, I have only had a short time to browse these rules, but they look simple but comprehensive enough to keep us entertained for some time - once we can actually get the game!!! At least I have had time to save up lots of money as the rules do indicate I could get hooked. GIVE ME THE GAME!!!!!!!!!! Cheers!

I found the Rules very complete & no obvious questions on the first read at least cool.gif .I agree the Skirmish rules are a real plus & will also be my game of choice.

I actually did have a question.

A unit gets attacked. You put down an engagement marker. You roll the dice. A morale result comes up. Now the engaged unit is forced to retreat. Does the attacker get an extra parting blow now? Or does that only occur when someone is disengaging in a non-retreat situation?

Namrok said:

I actually did have a question.

A unit gets attacked. You put down an engagement marker. You roll the dice. A morale result comes up. Now the engaged unit is forced to retreat. Does the attacker get an extra parting blow now? Or does that only occur when someone is disengaging in a non-retreat situation?

No the attacker doesn't get the parting blow. Read the final sentence on the Parting Blow section, pg 22.

I think this may be a 1st -an FFG Rule Set that hasn't give me any questions gran_risa.gif Considering it's a big rule book i'm impressed.