How many of each box (Invisible Hand/Pelta/Recusant/Venator?)

By Ranker, in Star Wars: Armada

Would one ever field more than one of each box? Trying to plan pre-orders

My plan is one Prov and two Recusant’s. My main reason for the latter is I have two copies of SMB’s in my Core set. 🤪

But then if I get my planned second Core set, does that mean I have to buy two more Recusant’s?

I think I will get 2, though I may stagger them over a bit of time to be able to be OK with the cost. . . If you can afford it, 2 of everything is probably best, though I am not sure about the Pelta. I like flying dual large, and these things are cheap enough that they're basically mediums in cost.

I'm getting at least one of each. Then from trying out builds I'll look into more. Though I do want 3 Venators at one point

10 hours ago, Herr Style said:

My plan is one Prov and two Recusant’s. My main reason for the latter is I have two copies of SMB’s in my Core set. 🤪

But then if I get my planned second Core set, does that mean I have to buy two more Recusant’s?

If Recusants are indeed 85 points, I could see myself getting two as well. Only one Providence though, for the same reasons as if I were playing Empire I'd only get one ISD. I like squadrons too much to load up on too many big ships, and I don't tend to play at higher than 400 points (though I would like to someday).

Edited by Kirjath08

How could I possibly answer that question? First I said I won‘t buy in CW at all. Then I said maybe 1 box of each but never 2, because they maybe will release single ship packs. And I have huge rebel and imperial fleets and can wait. Then I saw how beautifully designed the new models were designed and ordered a starter box for each faction. Then I didn‘t get my stuff because of shortages of english boxes at my shop in Germany. Is said no problem. I can wait. But I couldn‘t wait longer than two months and now I ordered 1 box of each faction at another shop in GB and hope for them to come next week. (If brexit allows so.)

Today I would say, 1 of each eventually. But what ever number I will say today won‘t be the number of ships I will buy in the end.

@Triangular I went through the same thing here in Germandy. Ended up ordering some CW expansions from Belgium just to get them in english 😅

13 hours ago, Herr Style said:

Is there a list that ties Recusants to another ship? I got two core sets myself but haven't opened them yet. Shipping is a huge cost for me as I'm deployed overseas so I don't mind overbuying for list flexibility.

Right now my plan is to get 1 Providence, 2 Recusants, 2 Venators and 1 Pelta. (With the possible third Venator down the line if Triple Venator Builds turn out to be feasible and fun). Gotta start saving up now though and selling old stuff on ebay for it 😅 If i cant afford the above-mentioned plan then 1 of each will do fine. Does anyone know if Atomic Mass Games accepts Republic Credits?

Edited by >kkj

I ended up pulling the trigger to get 2 of each new set to go along with my 2 of each Core and 2 of each squadron set. I'm hoping that gives me total list making flexibility (I supply for my gaming group) but I realize i'll keep an eye out for possibly getting a 3rd Pelta down the line with the next wave of releases since people mention the possible viability of 3 pelta lists.

2 hours ago, Ranker said:

Is there a list that ties Recusants to another ship? I got two core sets myself but haven't opened them yet. Shipping is a huge cost for me as I'm deployed overseas so I don't mind overbuying for list flexibility.

Looking at the dice and the weird front arc on the Recusant, I can see Swivel Mounted Batteries being quite useful on these. Move a black dice from the side to the front, Conc fire to add another black dice and use in conjunction with APT to try to trigger a face up damage card at long range. Use with Kraken to turn a red to an accuracy if you meet the criteria to stop the evade (if only one token). There are two SMB’s in the Separatist core set. (That’s not my real reason for getting two lol, it’s just at 85 points, with upgrades two can fit easily in a list). Hopefully I got it right about SMB’s.

Stay safe wherever you are.

Minimum 2 of each. Except Venators!

I need at least 4, but possibly 7.

3 for the iconic Republic battle group, 1 for a conversion to the Liberation from Awakening of the Rebellion EaW FoC mod. For the other possible 3, well that depends on them being released in Imperial colors, then one for a Black Sun conversion, possibly one for the Corporate Sector Alliance.

Now, if I truly get the itch for an amazing kitbash, then I will need an additional Recusant and Providence to cobble together into Rebel One. Still need to figure out what to use for the wings.

14 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Now, if I truly get the itch for an amazing kitbash, then I will need an additional Recusant and Providence to cobble together into Rebel One. Still need to figure out what to use for the wings.

LMC80 with possible filing?

Or maybe some carefully cut wingtips from an X-wing model A-wing or Phantom (shuttle.)