Before we go: My new site, and I won a thing!

By wurms, in X-Wing

First off, this past weekend I won the Gold Squadron Podcast Alpha Qualifier with 164 total players. Yikes! Definitely the largest tournament I have won to date! Was a great time and wow, are there some interesting and powerful lists out there! Like a few other members around here, I too now have a website/blog going (needed a place to dump/archive my thoughts and batreps since forums are gone), and posted my thoughts on the tourney and the top 32: https://pilotskillzero.wordpress.com/2021/01/29/i-won-a-thing-gold-squadron-flight-club-alpha-qualifier/

If anyone is interested, Im in process of writing a quick batrep on my matches, and should have that posted this weekend hopefully.

Main purpose of the site is mostly a place for new-ish players to get tactical advice more than just list building, but Im sure other players will find things useful as well. I wanted a place new-ish players to the game can get advice on how to setup, how to approach certain lists, how to fly certain ships, etc.

Im also currently working on a multi part Turn 0 article. Two parts have been published on the site, Im not sure when to end, cause there is so much information on Turn 0. One of the keys to many victories during the GSP tourney. And soon Im going to go in depth on battling swarms, since I think that is where many players (especially new players) struggle. Im hoping to at least get a post up every 2 weeks, even if it's just a battle report, so check it out if you can.

It's been fun! I will be hopping over to BGG and hope to see some you there!

pilotskillzero.wordpress.com

Congratulations on your win! Good luck with your new project.

Congrats on the win. Most impressive!

I bookmarked your blog as it sounds like it would be good for my level ("new-ish" player needing tactical advice).

I'm not really new to the game - I've been in since the beginning in 2012, but I lack opponents and only get a game in every few months. And most of those are against my son who was 4yo when I started. So you can imagine a lot of my games have been about teaching him to play the game and not much of a challenge for me, lol!

Anyway - looking forward to checking out the blog!

I enjoy your thoughts on the game a lot! I’ll save this.

Congrats

23 hours ago, wurms said:

First off, this past weekend I won the Gold Squadron Podcast Alpha Qualifier with 164 total players. Yikes! Definitely the largest tournament I have won to date! Was a great time and wow, are there some interesting and powerful lists out there! Like a few other members around here, I too now have a website/blog going (needed a place to dump/archive my thoughts and batreps since forums are gone), and posted my thoughts on the tourney and the top 32: https://pilotskillzero.wordpress.com/2021/01/29/i-won-a-thing-gold-squadron-flight-club-alpha-qualifier/

If anyone is interested, Im in process of writing a quick batrep on my matches, and should have that posted this weekend hopefully.

Main purpose of the site is mostly a place for new-ish players to get tactical advice more than just list building, but Im sure other players will find things useful as well. I wanted a place new-ish players to the game can get advice on how to setup, how to approach certain lists, how to fly certain ships, etc.

Im also currently working on a multi part Turn 0 article. Two parts have been published on the site, Im not sure when to end, cause there is so much information on Turn 0. One of the keys to many victories during the GSP tourney. And soon Im going to go in depth on battling swarms, since I think that is where many players (especially new players) struggle. Im hoping to at least get a post up every 2 weeks, even if it's just a battle report, so check it out if you can.

It's been fun! I will be hopping over to BGG and hope to see some you there!

pilotskillzero.wordpress.com

You didn't just win the Alpha Qualifier, you also won my heart.