2Qs: NPCs and their Investigators / Light Cards and Plot Cards - Color Coding

By Hein99, in Android

Hell all,

I have two questions.

1) Do NPCs only ever belong to one specific Detective? This came to mind as I was packing up the game and I thought of putting all pieces specific to a Detectives into one little bin. For example: only Keene and Parsons can ever be used by Raymond, right?
And how do you know the NPCs names? Are they listed somewhere in the manual? I could not find it.

2) The manual says to shuffle dark and light card decks separately. Placing the dark deck on the board between the earth and moon and the light cards next to the Investigator they belong to. That's only two decks.
Is there a reason why light cards are colored to match the plot cards? When I first noticed this I thought maybe you were suppose to create 3 light card decks and use only the color deck that matches the current plot for your Detective. Maybe there is some other reason? I'm sure I'm missing something here.
I do remember reading on dark card that said something like 'draw 3 cards from 'x' Detective. If the color of one of those cards match their current plot then get 'x' reward.' Could this kind of thing be the only reason for the colors on the light cards?

TIA!

Ok, I found one answer at BoardGameGeek .

The Name of the NPCs can be found on the back of the Detective cards. So now I know their names and who they belong to.

1) I recommend putting all NPCs on a common bin (ie. along with dropship pass, alibi, etc). While the NPCs you mentioned are only useful to Raymond, other NPCs often be summoned on the board by event cards, ans can be used by other detectives when that happens (although when they are used, they return to the associated detective). So when playing, each present detective's NPCs is near the detective's sheet, while the remaining is in the open with dropship pass, alibis, tokens, etc.

2) Yes there is a reason why the twilight decks are color coded. When you play a twilight card which color is the same as the target's current plot, you may add or reduce 1 of the twilight cost. Read "Matching the Current Plot", page 28 on the rulebook. So when playing a light card with the same color as your current plot or playing a dark card with the same color as your target's plot, you can increase or decrease the twilight cost by 1.