Tavson to crashed ship

By "Quickdraw", in X-Wing Rules Questions

So, my TIE sf is crashed to annother ship, can tavson coordinate a barrel roll to it so it can attack?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, "Quickdraw" said:

So, my TIE sf is crashed to annother ship, can tavson coordinate a barrel roll to it so it can attack?

Thanks

Same question with the ship being coordinated being over an obstacle.

i believe you're asking about a ship bumping (partially executing a maneuver due to being blocked by another ship) or moving through or overlapping a gas cloud or asteroid, thus loosing it's perform action step during its activation.

other than skipping your perform action step for these reasons, there is nothing stopping the ship from performing actions granted to it by other effects, such as being coordinated, or tavson using his ability, ahsoka's ability and so on.

normally, the only thing stopping a ship from performing actions when they have the opportunity to do so is being stressed, or not having access to the focus action while being ionized.

14 hours ago, meffo said:

normally, the only thing stopping a ship from performing actions when they have the opportunity to do so is being stressed, or not having access to the focus action while being ionized.

Pretty much yeah.

When something says "skip your perform action step", new players always seem to assume it means "this ship cannot take any actions what so ever for the rest of this turn".

@"Quickdraw" something to keep in mind. The Perform Actions step 'grants' the ship an action. Coordinate 'grants' the target ship an action. Tavson's ability 'grants' him an action.
It may be abit confusing, but nothing actually *prevents* a ship from being 'granted' an action once the effect starts. Asteroids and Gas clouds can force you to skip the step that grants it, being ionized restricts which action you can perform *when* granted an action, and stress prevents any actions from being *performed* when granted an action. However (to my knowledge), once something is attempting to actually grant the ship an action, nothing actually stops it. (if im wrong on that guys, let me know and which effect please :) )

I hope that isn't too confusing.