A Certain Suit of Armor?

By venkelos, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

SPOILERS FOR THE MANDALORIAN!!!

So, we've seen Moff Gideon with the Darksaber. We've seen him in his new armor. We've seen him actually fight with said weapon, against a combat-trained opponent (though maybe Mando isn't so skilled in MELEE combat?) It was a fun scene, and I look forward to seeing where they go; what else they might do with the Moff, now that he is somewhat humbled.

What I'm looking for here, though, is his armor. Now, I get we mostly don't know for sure; there isn't tons of extraneous material padding out the stuff the Mandalorian shows, but I was wondering if anyone would like to hazard a guess as to what type of armor he's wearing? There might be theories he needs life support, like Darth Vader, or it's "typical" officer armor, like Thrawn wore in Rebels. Maybe it's Dark Trooper armor? Anyone care to postulate, before the forums go poof? Basically, I'm a bit of a Moff Gideon fan, and I'm statting him up, using the Nemesis rules from F&D, and the Imperial Moff as a starting point, but I don't know what type of armor to say he's wearing; if it's Dark Trooper armor, it might enhance his strength, and be Beskar-alloyed, so lightsabers don't cut through it. If it offers life support, I'd want to work that in. If it's basically just Stormtrooper armor, or maybe something more akin to ceremonial/Royal Guard armor, yada yada yada. It's sort of sad that I'll have an easier time with the Darksaber, than some suit of armor, but any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Edited by venkelos

Just go with Heavy Battle Armor and work in whatever attachments you like. There's really a shamefully narrow range for armor stats in this game line, that pretty much anything that is soak 2, defense 1 will do as a base.

1 hour ago, venkelos said:

So, we've seen Moff Gideon with the Darksaber. We've seen him in his new armor. We've seen him actually fight with said weapon, against a combat-trained opponent (though maybe Mando isn't so skilled in MELEE combat?) It was a fun scene, and I look forward to seeing where they go; what else they might do with the Moff, now that he is somewhat humbled.

What I'm looking for here, though, is his armor. Now, I get we mostly don't know for sure; there isn't tons of extraneous material padding out the stuff the Mandalorian shows, but I was wondering if anyone would like to hazard a guess as to what type of armor he's wearing? There might be theories he needs life support, like Darth Vader, or it's "typical" officer armor, like Thrawn wore in Rebels. Maybe it's Dark Trooper armor? Anyone care to postulate, before the forums go poof? Basically, I'm a bit of a Moff Gideon fan, and I'm statting him up, using the Nemesis rules from F&D, and the Imperial Moff as a starting point, but I don't know what type of armor to say he's wearing; if it's Dark Trooper armor, it might enhance his strength, and be Beskar-alloyed, so lightsabers don't cut through it. If it offers life support, I'd want to work that in. If it's basically just Stormtrooper armor, or maybe something more akin to ceremonial/Royal Guard armor, yada yada yada. It's sort of sad that I'll have an easier time with the Darksaber, than some suit of armor, but any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Yeah, probably just Heavy Battle Armor.

As for forum, you may want to check out this one:

6 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yeah, probably just Heavy Battle Armor.

As for forum, you may want to check out this one:

Yeah, I gotta say I wasn't expecting the FFG forums to go away. I fully admit I don't come here too often; half their games I own they don't even support anymore (the various 40K series), and I haven't had a group interested in the Star Wars games, and it's different than d20 system, but it was still nice to be able to come and discuss stuff, sometimes. Oh well, the world ever moves on, I guess. I'll probably look into the above site; I'm not in any real danger of needing to run EoE, AoR, or F&D, but as this illustrates, sometimes it's just fun to be able to talk to people about a shared interest, as I did here. Thanks for the redirect!